Light Brahma? Gender?

Yes 2 light brahmas in the second set of pics...I’m not much concerned with color...I got a Brahma cockerel from a breeder he looked much the same but is shaping up to be a handsome boy lost most of the black. But they look like pullets? But the black one cockerel? And not light Brahma?

Yes, the first one is a Dark Brahma and a cockerel. Dark Brahma pullets are a totally different pattern.

Yes, the first one is a Dark Brahma and a cockerel. Dark Brahma pullets are a totally different pattern.
I wondered because as I was looking for spring chicks I came across the dark Brahma rooster so I decided to just ask. I’m going to be giving them yet another call because they say light Brahma pullet for all 3 and I knew from 4 weeks the black was boy/ not light Brahma

I wondered because as I was looking for spring chicks I came across the dark Brahma rooster so I decided to just ask. I’m going to be giving them yet another call because they say light Brahma pullet for all 3 and I knew from 4 weeks the black was boy/ not light Brahma

Light Brahmas and Dark Brahmas look totally different when they hatch also.

I have a couple more weeks for their guarantee.....ugh won’t be buying from them again if this is how it is when they clearly messed up

I have a couple more weeks for their guarantee.....ugh won’t be buying from them again if this is how it is when they clearly messed up

You've got your guarantee right now. That's a male specific pattern. No female will ever have that pattern.

Back
Top Bottom