Light sussex - Gender determination

I think they're all female. The combs are not very large and there aren't any male specific feathers.

Nope. I have 5 birds and they are very similar (...to me :D) so uploaded pictures 4 of them.
Can u give me some advice or show pictures about differences in that age?! I'd like to learn :3

And thank all of you! :) Good news!
Are all the pictures of the same two birds? They both are pullets.

That last one, comb is straight. Not a Brahma trait. Also has clean legs. I think it's the one facing in pic 3, left side. Not sure what color legs delewares have but I think that's what it is. Comb is wrong for Colombian wyandotte too

That last one, comb is straight. Not a Brahma trait. Also has clean legs. I think it's the one facing in pic 3, left side. Not sure what color legs delewares have but I think that's what it is. Comb is wrong for Colombian wyandotte too
They are light sussex not light brahma

Nope. I have 5 birds and they are very similar (...to me :D) so uploaded pictures 4 of them.
Can u give me some advice or show pictures about differences in that age?! I'd like to learn :3

And thank all of you! :) Good news!
Cockerels will have large and red combs and wattles at this age. At around 12 weeks old, they're male specific feathers will start to grow in.

Not my picture, got it off of Google. But this is a Light Brahma, around the same age as your chicks. Even though he's got a pea comb, it's much larger and redder than your girls, who have straight combs.
NewLadies_918.JPG

Back
Top Bottom