Light Sussex

I just got my five LS chicks from Chicken Scratch Poltery along with 9 other breeds 13 days ago. They are sooooo cute & smart & inquisitive!!! Besides the RIR (because I'm partial to red heads
wink.png
), they are the cutest chicks I've got! I do have a problem tho, after only one day we noticed all the others pecking at & bullying the LS so we seperated them. They are in a clear box & can see all the others & keep flying at the side trying to get to them but I'm scared to put them with the rest till they are able to defend themselves better. Does anyone know at what age I should try to re-introduce them & a good way to do it?

The least expensive lights to purchase cost around $30. These incandescent lights work well for specific plants where the light is placed a minimum of 24" from the plant. These lights get extremely hot so they must be used with care. Spot grow bulbs, color corrected incandescent lights, install easily and are good for use with a specific plant or a small grouping of plants. Most spot incandescent bulbs last less than 1,000 hours. Some light fixtures come with a clip handle so you can put them exactly where they're needed.

Hi,

I just purchased some Light Sussex eggs of e-bay. Put them in the incubator yesterday. Have you gotten some yet? If not, let me know and I will let you know how well the hatch does and who we bought them from.

Last edited:

My tiny flock. 17 degrees, but sunny.

I have roosters for sale $20 each. Local pickup ONLY. They will be 5 months old in early February.

Last edited:
Our LS first two pictures are them the day we got them, rest are from a few weeks ago

Our Roo Lukey is 21 weeks same as the pullets which are starting to look like they are coming into point of lay, which I will take pics of them today

We have 2 Sussex pullets, we did have 3 but downgraded the numbers of the first flock of Australorps, LS and speckled Sussex, to make room for the 4 chicks above. They are 2 buff orps, (pullets by the looks of it so far) and 2 Coronation Sussex, one roo for sure, we hope the other is a pullet as feathering so much quicker and yellow faced not red like the one we know is a roo, (trying to crow already at 5 weeks old lol). But still a tad soon to be 100% on them, they are getting all there lavender neck lace now and looking lovely. The Coronations we hatched, the Orps we bought at 3 weeks old. We did hatch 3 CS chicks but one had a rotated hip and nothing we could do for that poor little thing :(

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom