lil giant "Still Air Incubator"

Interesting, I am just now battling this issue. My lil Giant did not come with a hygrometer, so, sadly on day 3 I finally got one and it read 35%! I was sooo panicked, and added a sponge. It rose up to 40% and is hopefully still going up, I must ask - How much will this hurt my chances at day 3?

Also, must I need to get a fan? I really hope there is another solution.

I love my Hova Bator!! It's still air and I have had no trouble. Got it for $55 at TSC last year..just FYI. My turner is LG, but fit nicely and works great!
smile.png

ok just ordered the Genecis 1588w/1611 and a 1730 adapter it will be here friday,like i said i have 4 turkey eggs in right now would it be safe to tranfer when it gets here?? they been there 3 days today

Katy: Really? Now I'm getting confused. Some sites I read say about 50% - Perhaps I need some proper guiding?
hide.gif
I'm rather new at the incubating eggs part of raising chickens.

Quote:
There really is no set answer. What works for me might not work for someone else in another location. It really has to be kind of trial and error until you figure out what works for you where you live. If I kept mine at 50% I'd drown every chick I tried to hatch.

Quote:
it wont hurt it at all! there is nothing wrong with it being at 35%....as long as its between 30 and 45 its fine. 35% is actually desirable

Back
Top Bottom