Lil'Coop -- My Chicken Coop Project (in Central Texas)

royrector

Songster
10 Years
Apr 11, 2013
Central Texas
Howdy Folks,

I plan on retiring in Feb 2014, and being a country boy trapped in suburbia for the last 27 years, I decided it would be nice to have a few chickens again. So, I found BYC.com and have been reading since May. Sure glad I did, BYC has been very helpful with planning my project. I built a 10x16 gambrel roof shed (Lil'Barn) a couple of years ago, so I think I'll have to build a matching coop and and name it "Lil'Coop." (We have an RV named Lil'House, which started it all.) I have been eyeballing Gofferboy's design for construction ideas.

I'm going at my project a little backwards from most I think -- which come first, the coop or the run? In my case it is the run, since I had to put up a new fence anyway. It will take me several months to finish the project -- that dang 40 hour a week job gets is the way. But no hurry, I don't plan on getting any girls until I am fully retired and can be around the house more.

If you interested, here is a link to my gardening blog, and the chicken coop project page:

http://royrector.com/garden/?page_id=27

There will be lots of pictures, but for now there are a few pics of the run construction progress.

Thanks for all the help, BYC.com is awesome!

Roy

Wow, very nice thus far! Love the solar lights...nice touch.
smile.png

I'm not sure which comes first as far as the coop or run, lol!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom