Lime powder used in coop

I was born in Winona, grew up in Jackson and go to Vardeman every fall for my sweet potatoes. My GGrandfather settled near Houston in 1871.
My relatives from my Grandmamas side of the woods were from Tishomingo county and actually had some relatives near Red Bay, AL. My Dad was raised in Oktibbeha County, MS until he was ten years old. Then they moved to Tupelo because my Grandaddy ran sawmills. He went around everywhere showing people how to set them up and run them properly. Even the government of Nicaragua. I’m fairly proud of that. We also get Vardaman sweet potatoes the best one can buy.

I use First Saturday Lime in the coop and nesting boxes and also in their dirt baths. It controls all kinds of things and is very safe. Once there were some ants making a path up to the coop,and I sprayed some on them and they were gone in 5 minutes. Also good to use in their water containers and bird baths outside.
Just got my box of Saturday Lime and will be trying it. so not only do you use it as a dust in the coop but you will mix it with water and use it for a spray?

Just got my box of Saturday Lime and will be trying it. so not only do you use it as a dust in the coop but you will mix it with water and use it for a spray?
No mixing with water for me. Only use Lime as powder under shavings for parasite control and in coop it’s okay under shavings too. Do not mix with water in a sprayer. You will ruin I am almost positive. Someone else might have different thoughts but hold off on that part for now.

Hi - I use the lime in bird baths in the yard, and put some in the chickens water as well, and in the nesting boxes, and dirt baths mixed with sand. I have never used it as a spray, but that is a good idea. It tends to be a little gritty and settles to the bottom so it might clog up the sprayer. :)

No mixing with water for me. Only use Lime as powder under shavings for parasite control and in coop it’s okay under shavings too. Do not mix with water in a sprayer. You will ruin I am almost positive. Someone else might have different thoughts but hold off on that part for now.
Ok, thanks. That's what I was thinking. Doesn't look like it would mix well.

Back
Top Bottom