Limping Duck!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by kstes347, Mar 29, 2012.

1. S4hees

S4hees Chirping

Nov 20, 2018
    This is as good as I could get. She is in our pond and will swim over rather than walk with the others on the bank. It did not look like bumble foot from the pics that I have seen. Thinking may be sprained? While trying to coax her back to the pen to encourage her to rest, one of the males got frisky with her. I think he may have injured her

Attached Files:

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Mary Did You Know....

Maybe the wing injury is from over mating drakes can be rough. As for the foot hard to see if there is a bumble if you could get someone to hold her and you get a good pic? I’d give her a break from the drakes for a while with a female buddy that’s probaly the only way she’ll recover. Or give the drakes some time out for a while .

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    S4hees likes this.
  3. happy duck

happy duck Crazy duck mom

Mar 24, 2018
    Small town
    My Coop
    This thread was made in 2012 and when you click on her it says she has not been on since 2013 so I don't know if this thread is still going...unless other people chime on and ask Q's.

S4hees likes this.
  4. Miss Lydia

ThisOp posted this afternoon @happy duck

happy duck likes this.
  5. happy duck

happy duck Crazy duck mom

Mar 24, 2018
    Small town
    My Coop
    O wow...maybe her time stuff is wrong...or I looked at the wrong thing. I am always doing this kind of stuff....I should probably stay out of it. Sorry!

Miss Lydia likes this.
  6. Miss Lydia

It’s okay when someone posts on an old thread it can get confusing for sure I go back as far as necessary to find where the new post starts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: