Limping parakeet

Weeg

Songster
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Washington
To wrap it, I will explain how to wrap a chicken, but you are just gonna have to make everything teeny tiny.
First, we are gonna make a mix of Sauve, and arnica. The sauve is most important, so make sure you have that. To do this for a parakeet, you are probably only gonna need a 1/4 teaspoon for 2-3 wrappings. So try mixing about an 8th teaspoon of arnica and an 8th teaspoon of sauve. After you make the mixture. Apply a layer on the birds foot, then, take some preprepared teeny tiny strips of paper bag and wet them sat on there damp. Wrap the arnica/sauve covered foot in the strips of bag up a little above his ankle. Then, secure the bag strips to his foot with, preferably no chew do he doesn’t pull it off, vet wrap. Wrap the rasp through his ties to keep it on, and tape the end down with duck tape. Hope this helps!

Lady507

Songster
Mar 8, 2016
My Coop
To wrap it, I will explain how to wrap a chicken, but you are just gonna have to make everything teeny tiny.
First, we are gonna make a mix of Sauve, and arnica. The sauve is most important, so make sure you have that. To do this for a parakeet, you are probably only gonna need a 1/4 teaspoon for 2-3 wrappings. So try mixing about an 8th teaspoon of arnica and an 8th teaspoon of sauve. After you make the mixture. Apply a layer on the birds foot, then, take some preprepared teeny tiny strips of paper bag and wet them sat on there damp. Wrap the arnica/sauve covered foot in the strips of bag up a little above his ankle. Then, secure the bag strips to his foot with, preferably no chew do he doesn’t pull it off, vet wrap. Wrap the rasp through his ties to keep it on, and tape the end down with duck tape. Hope this helps!
ok I will get at started on that ASAP. Really quick question, how long do you normally keep the wrap for and how often do I change it? Thank you for telling me how you do it, I am sure this might be able to help him a lot. At least make him more comfortable. Thank you again and I will keep you updated!!

Top Bottom