Lissa I want a divorce! Pops has had enough!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by WriterofWords, Apr 2, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Well I went out and closed up the coops, shut the baby pen down, closed the kennels that Popcorn, Lissa and their family sleeps in. For the last two nights all of the family has been in the big kennel instead of Lissa and Pops in the big one and the rest is in the medium one. Lissa gave him a hard time over a worm this afternoon, he found her a nice plump one and clucked and called and fluffed and she ignored him. He gave the worm to one of the babies and spent the rest of the day laying in the sun by the gate alone.
    When I shut everyone down I obviously did not do a very good head count because I just went to turn off the porch light and got a surprise on the railing to the steps:
    [​IMG]
    Pops isn't in the kennel, he's bachin' it on the porch with Blue, Tux, Turk, Nugget, White Boy, and Houdini!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  2. SweetMissDaisy

SweetMissDaisy Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Fantastic!! [​IMG]

3. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    Too funny!

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    That will teach her to be a wench. HA!

5. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    lol,he is showin her!

6. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    Maybe he will buddy up with Nugget and stop him from trying to leave.

I think somehow these guys are kindred spirits. lol.....

7. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    That's hilarious!

I think Popcorn is cute! (And I love his name...it's perfect for a rooster).

8. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    He's been hanging around with everyone else and ignoring his own family today, guess he's serious. White Boy adores him and wants to grow up to be a big roo just like him. I'm going to try and get a pic later of Pops with White Boy and the BLR babies, they've been hanging around all day together, with White Boy's little family.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by