Little Boys In the Women's Bathroom? When Is He Too Old To Follow Mom or His CareGiver?

Personally, I don't care if little boys are in the women's bathroom with their mothers as long as said mother keeps the child under control. I did not take it kindly the time I looked up to find this little face of what appeared to be an eight-year-old boy peering at me from under the stall door while I was sitting on the pot. I think I threw my purse at him. Unfortunately I missed. The mother got a little upset with me. I did tell her in no uncertain times that if she bothered to teach that child some basic manners, such things wouldn't happen.

Personally, I don't care if  little boys are in the women's bathroom with their mothers as long as said mother keeps the child under control.  I did not take it kindly the time I looked up to find this little face of what appeared to be an eight-year-old boy peering at me from under the stall door while I was sitting on the pot. I think I threw my purse at him.  Unfortunately I missed. The mother got a little upset with me.  I did tell her in no uncertain times that if she bothered to teach that child some basic manners, such things wouldn't happen.

:yuckyuck
:lau :lau :lau :lau :lau :lau

I don't mean to laugh but that story is funny. However, I know it wasn't funny at the time.
Thanks for sharing your story. :D

Some things like autism, separation anxiety, or other disorders may not be easily identified by watching behavior for a short time. I would rather err on the side of caution, count my blessings, and go about my business with a smile.

Love, Smart Red

Agreed!  Far better to err on the side of caution.
That was my first thought as well. Autism is really hard to notice in kids unless they are having a tantrum or acting off for their age. 

I would be much more disturbed to see a young girl go into a man's washroom. 

Though boys in dressing rooms always has me feeling extremely uncomfortable. That's why I don't go to gyms :gig

And little girls in the mens' room when I am standing at a urinal makes me feel somewhat uncomfortable, but in today's world a parent has to do what a parent has to do. 

Yea, having little girls in the men's room just doesn't seem right. :/

I'm sure that 12 year old wasn't thrilled about being in there either. I would rather see a small waiting room attached to the RR so they could leave their older kids out there. And yes, parents need to teach their kids respect to privacy while in the RR

I'm sure that 12 year old wasn't thrilled about being in there either. I would rather see a small waiting room attached to the RR so they could leave their older kids out there. And yes, parents need to teach their kids respect to privacy while in the RR

You're right. He did have his head down as if he were embarrassed.

Personally, I don't care if little boys are in the women's bathroom with their mothers as long as said mother keeps the child under control. I did not take it kindly the time I looked up to find this little face of what appeared to be an eight-year-old boy peering at me from under the stall door while I was sitting on the pot. I think I threw my purse at him. Unfortunately I missed. The mother got a little upset with me. I did tell her in no uncertain times that if she bothered to teach that child some basic manners, such things wouldn't happen.

What a great visual image I got from your words.
lau.gif

Come to think of it, my dad often took me into the men's room as a child since he actually involved himself in my care and upbringing...he just covered my eyes until we were past the urinals. Issue solved.

And anyone of any gender acting in a suspicious manner in a bathroom, or anywhere I am in, would be dealt with in one way or another (person lurking in a remote rest area bathroom, or staring at the baby changing table for example...), but again, stalls. Really wouldn't care if a 30 or 60 year old man popped in and used the loo. Actually, that has happened once or twice with people in a hurry not looking at signs on the door. They were mortified upon realizing their mistake, but I did not share said mortification, as again, stalls. "Oh dear lord you saw my socks!" I find myself unable to get worked up about such things.

Personally, I don't care if  little boys are in the women's bathroom with their mothers as long as said mother keeps the child under control.  I did not take it kindly the time I looked up to find this little face of what appeared to be an eight-year-old boy peering at me from under the stall door while I was sitting on the pot. I think I threw my purse at him.  Unfortunately I missed. The mother got a little upset with me.  I did tell her in no uncertain times that if she bothered to teach that child some basic manners, such things wouldn't happen.

THIS!!! I was in Walmart last week doing some Christmas shopping, and had to take care of business. The restroom was empty when I went in, but whilst sitting upon the throne I heard what sounded like a parade of children come in. I think its fairly common for mothers to tote their children along to the potty, so didn't think anything of it. UNTIL--i heard mom exclaim "there's no toilet paper in here, crawl under to the next stall and grab some"! The only problem with that plan? I was in the next stall. Before I could open my mouth to say a word, one of those children scurried under the wall into the stall with me, while two more popped their heads under to see what made that funny squealing sound. I mean, really? I guess the tinkling sound didn't elude to the fact that someone else was in the bathroom? Or, maybe she thought I was going to bogart all the TP, so she didn't even bother asking if I'd hand some over (which I would have, everybodys been there)? Probably way to much TMI, but Lordy people, is a little common courtesy too much to ask for!?!?!

Back
Top Bottom