Little Giant 9200 Still Air Incubator - humidity

OK one day later. It appears my way of guadgeing temp was wrong. Lol. I ended up and got some aqua thems added them and in a hour or less I seen that's to hot. OK time to correct big time. With the eggs only being in for less than 24hrs. I should be OK not gonna sweet it. Back to chasing temp this time with 42 eggs. Lol.

Hi, I have the 9200 still air LG, with an auto egg turner. I'm incubating duck eggs and so far they are doing fine. I keep my temp at 100.5 at the highest and my humidity right now between 48 and 50%. How do I keep my humidity from going higher and where exactly are the channels located? Also, how do I keep the humidity from going higher? I live in Iowa and it gets pretty humid around the this time and the time they'll be hatching. I have my red plugs in still and candle every few days to make sure they're going strong. Any advice?

@crc14 - I had a difficult time with the humidity once I added the egg turner. I kept vents open and ran with it dry. My hatch rate was 86% for my 1st time. Also in desperation I added a torn up egg carton to absorb moisture, not sure it helped but it didn't hurt.

I bought the still air incubator at thanksgiving. My first hatch I followed the directions that came with the incubator, I only hatched 4 out of 23 eggs. So I looked around on this site and I found someone who filled the channels with glass craft marbles, this helps keep a more consistent temperature throughout the incubator. I filled all the channels with water and refilled as my humidity dropped, I also raised the temp from 99.5 to 101. I pulled one red plug at day 7 and the other at day 19. This was better I got 14 out of 32 to hatch. The third hatch I read about dry hatching on backyard chickens. I kept the marbles in the channels but did not add water at all until lockdown. I also left both red plugs out the entire time. I kept the temp at 101. I added water soaked sponges in a few channels at lockdown and placed a straw in one of the smaller holes so I could add water without removing the lid. My hatch rate with the little giant still air using dry hatch was 27/32! And would have been even better but I had 2 malpositions that didn't make it.
Everyone's environment is different but for me dry hatch in the LG still air is the only way I'll hatch from now on.
Good luck!

For your dry hatching when you set the eggs you don't put any water at all correct ?
And then till lockdown (day18) you add the water how you described right ?
Just want to make sure because I want to raise my hatching not rate. Thank you !

For your dry hatching when you set the eggs you don't put any water at all correct ?
And then till lockdown (day18) you add the water how you described right ?
Just want to make sure because I want to raise my hatching not rate. Thank you !

Yes exactly, good luck!

Back
Top Bottom