Little Giant Automatic Egg Turner with Egg Racks 6300

shanshan51

Songster
8 Years
Sep 7, 2011
Vacaville, CA
I purchased a Little Giant Automatic Egg Turner with Egg Racks 6300 for my system and was curious if you can remove some racks without breaking it. I am curious because I have two sets of eggs in there that are a day or two apart. Can I take some rows out so that chickens can hatch while others are still being turned for a day or two more? Or I can take the whole thing out and hand turn the others for the last day or so?

Yes you can remove the trays.
Can someone explain how to remove the racks from the turner? I would like to take a few of mine out because I have a staggered hatch going on and would like to keep the second batch turning automatically, but can't figure out how to get the racks out without snapping the plastic bits. Can't find info on how to do that anywhere and nothing that came with the 'bater says how either, though they are supposed to be dishwasher safe.

Figured it out...

Attachments

• C0E90F51-8569-4C6E-8CFA-8D45BEE5F592.jpeg
    C0E90F51-8569-4C6E-8CFA-8D45BEE5F592.jpeg
    378.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 6505CF92-6DB5-4DEF-9841-05B18C71CC61.jpeg
    6505CF92-6DB5-4DEF-9841-05B18C71CC61.jpeg
    338 KB · Views: 25
Eesh.. I dont know.
I would imagine if you have a staggering hatch and some need to be on lockdown while some need to turn you dont want to open that bator.

Maybe google?

I would be concerned that a newly hatched chick would walk over to the turners and get its little head, legs, or wings caught in the turner and ripped off. Kind of gruesome but I am fairly sure some sort of disaster could happen with a turner going with newly hatched chicks.

Can someone explain how to remove the racks from the turner? I would like to take a few of mine out because I have a staggered hatch going on and would like to keep the second batch turning automatically, but can't figure out how to get the racks out without snapping the plastic bits. Can't find info on how to do that anywhere and nothing that came with the 'bater says how either, though they are supposed to be dishwasher safe.
Hello...did you have any luck doing this?

Back
Top Bottom