Little Giant Automatic Water Bowl

sfisher

Songster
12 Years
Jan 20, 2008
Myrtle Beach
I have been thinking about this waterer, with the wall mount kit. Does anybody out there use one? I would like to know if they are any good, before I purchase. Where did you get yours?

I use auto waterers, but they arent little giant brand. I use several types. Some are wall mount and some are bowls about the size of dog bowls, and some are much larger. It is really reassuring to know that their waterers are always full. Bad news is if the pipes freeze and break then there is quite a flood.

Chel

I use a standard autofill wall mount dog bowl, I purchased at Tractor supply. I ran heat tape under the bowl and down the water line to the water hydrant. I would never go back to carring water in the cold.
They work great!

Thats the kind I'm looking at, with the wall mount. The wall mount says you can hook it up with a hose, instead of pvc. Does anybody know anything about that?

Yes, you can connect it to a hose. You just have to purchase a "hose bib adaptor". It is an adaptor that has 1/2 in. male pipe threads on one end and standard hose fitting on opposite end. You can usually find them at hardware stores, home centers, garden center, etc. I use a ton of them myself.

I seen these at Bobbi Porto's place and was asking her about them. She said they are great and easy to clean. She has her's low to the ground and running to each pen. I ordered mine a couple weeks ago and was luck enough to get mine on sale for $13.99 each from double-r discount supply. Not sure if they are still on sale or not. Can't wait to get mine set up.

Last edited:
tuskajones:

They can indeed be hung as opposed to wall mounted. I have all of mine hanging from the pvc pipe connection and it works quite well. Some suppliers offer a metal wall mount bracket as well as a metal tripod to mount it on the floor. I've got to check out double-r-discount. Excellent price!

I have mine hanging off a scrap piece of 2 x 2 between a couple of cinder blocks. This is all outside in the pen rather than in the Ark. I supply it with a line from a low pressure regulator that is attached to a hose bib. So far, this one is working well. One that I had previously somehow got clogged - probably due to junk in the water. So far, so good.

Back
Top Bottom