Little giant circulated air incubator 12300

GirlWithTheTJ

In the Brooder
May 26, 2015
Markerville, Alberta
Hey has anyone used this incubator? My old one just failed me and I lost my entire hatch. I bought this one but today I posted it on another forum and everyone said they didn't like it. Anyone else here have a different opinion?

Unfortunately I'm going to throw in with everyone else who told you they don't like this incubator. I have two. One cannot incubate anything all the way through without somehow killing it and was dubbed "the murder box" by me and my chicken friends that I hatch for. I ended up using it only as a hatcher and even then I didn't really trust it and now it doesn't get used at all since I have two Brinseas.

The other is a newer model, probably the one you have. Just as with the other one, the temps are awful to try to keep stable and it likes to drown everything in its shell despite me keeping the humidity at the same levels as in a Brinsea being operated in the very same room that never has problems.

Neither of them get used anymore. I did lend the newer one to a friend when she wanted to try her hand at hatching and she got horrible hatch rates as well. If you want to try to use this, there is a thread for tips and tricks to try with it somewhere on the forums.

Back
Top Bottom