Little Giant Hatch Along

Quote:
Im on day 5

YAY
woot.gif
you are just a few days behind us, so you should see movement in a few more days probably. That is what happen with ours. We had 1 lone egg that we seen the eye in and then last night we had all those moving.
ya.gif
ya.gif

Good Luck

Woo hoo can't wait!

Well its day 21!! My LG has been interesting, keeping the temp and the humidity up to par has been a challenge, even in these final days I'll check the incubator in the morning and it will be 101 F and then 97 F. Its strange that I am having these problems now, so late in the game. Ive got a great thermometer and hygrometer but my incubator temp is making me obsess about my lil chicks! Any thoughts? Im thinking that my temp is more unstable because I have upped the humidity to around 70-75% so thats what is throwing me off. Am I obsessing like an old hen, should I stop stressing about these temperature fluctuations? I think I know what it feels like to be a mother hen now! Sitting here waitn on the first chirp is sooooooo awesome!!

Just finishing up day 21 and we've had 10 out of 20 hatch successfully with quite a few more pips and zips! Praising God and giving a lot of credit to my LG still air bator. I didn't have any trouble regulating temp or humidity once I got the hang of things!

celebrate.gif

Well thank you everyone I was so confused until I read to page 8 of this then went to 20-21- All but one of my questions have been addressed (couldn't read any longer) what about the little red plugs...do you have them...I have a LG incubator,egg turner & fan...found out the many ways I can add water (straw-turkey baster-tubing -syringe etc) Here is my plan...temp.99.5 / Humidity 30-50 day 1-18...50-70 Lockdown....day 18 if needed add sponge to increase humidity..fill to capacity all water trays...You can quickly snatch a dry chick to go into brooder with light...(will have to... have set 42 eggs) I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you and your constant encouragement to all who need...as this is my first time incubating but will not be my last....Grandson gave me 14 hens & 2 Roos..one hen was a Fizzle Precious and that is her name..she is sitting on 7 eggs (2BO &5RIR)..due to hatch April 5....am on day 3 of this adventure and loving it...was very nervous not any more since your valuable conversations. would love to keep in Touch.....Does this sound like a good plan to You?

All the chicks have gone to a new home, now its time to start again
smile.png

I have 42 in the incubator they are due on the 16th of April , and of course the April 23rd hatch I will incubate another 42 ...... I went out today and bought a 4th incubator
So that means I have to set another batch maybe in 1 - 2 weeks from now that way I have constant cuteness flowing through my home at all times
smile.png

Good luck everyone!

Quote:
Those are good ranges for the temp keep it like that and don't adjust.
As the chick grows inside of the egg it will let out more heat watch as they move and start to wiggle in the egg your digital thermometer will move up and down.
70 - 75 is perfect I would leave everything alone........and watch you will see your babies will hatch !! No more stressing just let the magic begin
smile.png

Quote:
Maybe I am just really bad at candling.....what are you using??? Heading to the closet again now!

Went to the closet and candled. One blood ring....am pretty sure that was what I was seeing and will look it up online to be sure. Seven more......YES!

Finally I saw veins. Finally I saw the black spot. And FINALLY it moved!

Then I went and got 4 cochin eggs.....could see veins and the dark spot that must be an eye or the beak!!!! Yeah Sweet Harry....you the man!!!

(Big Momma and Lil' Momma were his girls. A racoon got Big Momma. That was the reason my husband went out and bought me the LG. Then he hand picked through the eggs to find the cochin eggs. He has been bringing in the eggs for the seven weeks we worked an outage. He always keeps the mixed, BR's and cochin eggs separate to show me. And they are rounder than the others so that helps.)

So......won't candle any more until the weekend when my DGD is here because we are Chicken Partners after all.....yeah us!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom