Little Giant Hatch Along

I have 34 eggs in my LG bator right now, I never thought of the foil idea, I think its a great idea, wonder what others think. This is only my 2nd time attempting to hatch. My 1st hatch, all eggs developed but I think I had the humidity to high the entire time because the chicks couldnt get out of their shells. Only 2 made it. This time I am letting it go dry every couple days then adding cold water. Hope it improves my odds!!! My eggs are due April 19th!! Good Luck ALL!!!!!

Our eggs were beginning to 'rock n roll' so I decided to take them out of the turner a bit early today. We have 2 blue/green eggs that keep rockin, so they are all in egg carton compartments in the bator, we are OFFICIALLY on lockdown.
wee.gif

Lunchtime: Day 22, 4 chicks out and 8-9 more pipping. My temps were in the 97-99 range so this doesn't surprise me. I moved them from the LG to a cooler hatcher for lockdown last Monday. Humidity around 70+% after a very dry ( 16-25%)incubation. At this rate, hatching will go well into tomorrow. That's ok too. Deep Breathing helps! Now, I'll go back to work so I don't hover.

they'reHISchickens :

Lunchtime: Day 22, 4 chicks out and 8-9 more pipping. My temps were in the 97-99 range so this doesn't surprise me. I moved them from the LG to a cooler hatcher for lockdown last Monday. Humidity around 70+% after a very dry ( 16-25%)incubation. At this rate, hatching will go well into tomorrow. That's ok too. Deep Breathing helps! Now, I'll go back to work so I don't hover.

So deep breathing huh, I will have to practice that.
lol.png
We just started day 18 lockdown and I am not sure I am going to make it to day 21 without having a panic attack.
hide.gif

My stomach is so upset, not sure if it because of the temp s-l-o-w-l-y coming back up or what. I am just worried.
fl.gif

I have a egg crate that my mom gave me it is the kind she buys her double yolk eggs in, its cardboard. I am going to cut that into sections tomorrow to place the eggs in when I take out the turner.

Mine are just laying on the wire bottom, should I put them in egg carton cups? Why? if so what side is up? I am on day 18 today..​

Back
Top Bottom