Little Giant incubator piece of crap

hu.gif
Never have had any issues with LG. I hatch a ton of eggs in my little still air LG.........

DH prefers his several year old hovabators, still air. My preference is my LG.

jvls1942 I ask you, what is the point in getting something that's not user friendly? You said
just because you cannot figure out how to make one work, don't assume that they are no good..

That makes them crap. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't want something that's not user friendly.​

Quote:
Anyone else think its kinda wrong to sell/auction something that you know doesnt work? Sorry, not trying to be snippy, Im sure you told the buyers they didnt work right.

Quote:
Anyone else think its kinda wrong to sell/auction something that you know doesnt work? Sorry, not trying to be snippy, Im sure you told the buyers they didnt work right.

One man's trash is another one's treasure. IMO as long as you fully disclose the problem(s), I don't have a problem with it. It's when folks sell stuff at auction and list them as new, and they clearly aren't.

I have an LG and a Genesis 1588. They require different approaches- the LG is really finicky about temp adjustments - very sensitive thermostat, so if you like to fiddle with stuff, sit on your hands. It takes a looooong time for temp adjustments to stabilize. The Genesis is preset, I've never had to adjust it. But some haven't been so lucky.

As far as the turner whining? It's an electric motor. If you have good hearing it will be noticeable. I hatch in a separate room, because the sound annoys me at night.

Oh! I almost forgot- I did adapt the knob on the LG - made it much easier to get the minute adjustments made.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=412923

I don't have an LG and I'm just working with my first Hovabator, so I'm "not going there" on the discussion of whether LG is crap or not. But I do wonder why they're the only thing sold in many places. Around here, TSC and all the feed stores carry LG -- no one has anything else, and believe me, I looked. I finally ended up ordering my Hovabator online. So why do the stores all only carry LG?

I have a little giant with eggs i just put in 3 days ago, the temp keeps spiking omg, i think im gonna get a hovabator instead, they are cheaper anyways! And i have heard good things about them, can i still take the eggs out?? maybe?

TayFray! :

I have a little giant with eggs i just put in 3 days ago, the temp keeps spiking omg, i think im gonna get a hovabator instead, they are cheaper anyways! And i have heard good things about them, can i still take the eggs out?? maybe?

Yes, you can transfer any eggs at any time.. why couldn't you?

If you read back on this thread, you will see nice things said about the LG also.. so why would you believe anything said about a Hova over an LG ? I have both.. they both have the same quallities and the same problems..

User friendly? All incubators have to be set up initially.. All I am saying is that you have to know how to set the LG and HOva up initially.. It is not rocket science.. But you do have to know how.
If you cannot set one up, it is not the incubator's fault..

I can make any LG work .. I have had people bring theirs to me and I have helped people on line.. I guess this bllind squirrel is extremely lucky..​

Back
Top Bottom