Little Giant Still Air Incubator?

stm_96

Songster
Sep 27, 2018
Hey all! I purchased a Little Giant Still Air Incubator and was wondering if it was a good incubator?
Also, i have my eggs in there now that have been in the there for 24 hours, what day can i candle them and begin to see life forming?

I use it and love it.

Did you buy separate thermometerS and a humidity gauge and calibrate them?

Day 3.

I haven't yet, i plan on getting some today! The little digital gauges say 48% humidity and 100.4 temp. Is the gauge on it reliable?

I haven't yet, i plan on getting some today! The little digital gauges say 48% humidity and 100.4 temp. Is the gauge on it reliable?
They are rarely accurate, I am sorry to say. You will have a much better time with your incubation adventure if you get and calibrate your own instruments so that you are absolutely sure of what is going on. Thermometer and hygrometer.
BTW, your temp is too low for a still air. needs to be 102. Perfect example of why you need another thermometer. If your humidity is really at 48% thats OK, might lower it to 40% if possible.

I purchased one & the gauges on mine were pretty accurate, I had a separate thermometer in it that read about the same as the gauge, mine worked great until the day my ducks where starting to hatch, then the incubator stopped working :mad:. All the ducklings hatched & survived but I would not use this incubator again, Hopefully yours will work better, good luck

Also, my hen just laid another egg, being the eggs have only been in there for a day, could i put this egg in there and it hatch around the same time as the others?

Also, my hen just laid another egg, being the eggs have only been in there for a day, could i put this egg in there and it hatch around the same time as the others?
No, you can't......... Of course you can!! Hens will do that, lay around 12-15 eggs first and then 'set' on it then continues to deposit more eggs and keep the newly fresh eggs warm too, that is why a few hatch on a certain day and then some later a day apart from one another.

Back
Top Bottom