Little Lou..eye trouble..oh nooo!!

I can't imagine the Terramycin causing this since it's an ointment. Maybe the discharge from his eyes caused the gunk to harden. You know how if a child has a bad cold and they eyes are affected the eyes can get gunk hardened until the eyes mat closed. Maybe that's what has happened. I'd try the saline wash and warm compresses like you said you may have to do it a few times a day to get it softened enough to wipe it off.
You also might try using warm water for him to dunk his head in. Do you have a heated dog bowl? As for the shower curtain liner put it directly under his water containers to keep the water off his bedding.

I can't imagine the Terramycin causing this since it's an ointment. Maybe the discharge from his eyes caused the gunk to harden. You know how if a child has a bad cold and they eyes are affected the eyes can get gunk hardened until the eyes mat closed. Maybe that's what has happened. I'd try the saline wash and warm compresses like you said you may have to do it a few times a day to get it softened enough to wipe it off.
You also might try using warm water for him to dunk his head in. Do you have a heated dog bowl? As for the shower curtain liner put it directly under his water containers to keep the water off his bedding.
Ok. So no straw on top that part of his area. I can run heat tape. You’re probably right about the ointment. I’ll use the saline and warm water

To correct his foot and keep it from curling you could make a little shoe for him or buy duck shoes which can teach him to lay his foot flat again. I'm sorry Are you letting him run around with the rest of the flock? you'll have to watch his wings that he doesn't wear the feathers off an get sores.

Ok. So no straw on top that part of his area. I can run heat tape. You’re probably right about the ointment. I’ll use the saline and warm water
You can keep straw under the liner as long as you can keep it dry. Just with all that going on with him I wouldn't think laying on wet bedding will help.

When my gander had funky eye, I alternated between the terramycin ointment and "Curicyn" drops. I found them with the horse and goat meds. Might have success with those, at least they're liquid and shouldn't contribute to the gunk in his feathers.
Hate this little guy has so much trouble 🙁 wish we could magically make it all better!

Back
Top Bottom