Little White Crawlies on kitten?

allanimals21

Songster
10 Years
Aug 27, 2009
MN
I was holding one of my barn kittens this evening and noticed little white crawlies on her. Around her nose and eyes. Like super tiny. Like specks of white dust. What is it?

Quote:
yea they are moving. I've never seen it before. Knock on wood I've never had a flea problem either...I heard they are bad this year though...maybe thats what they are?

Quote:
They are white. So...I didn't know cats could get mites? How do I get rid of them? Are all the cats going to get them? Any thing I can do to prevent this?

The mites that cats can get are mange and are orange.
Lice egg casings are white and are tiny like you said, but I don't think you would see them moving, since they are empty. Could your eyes be playing tricks on you? The nice thing is that a good flea bathe should take care of them.
If it's possible a vet check might be a good idea, since if they are a cat parasite it can be serious in kittens.
My only other thought is: could there be bugs in their food etc., maybe something is just hopping a ride. I think that's unlikely though, if you are seeing so many.

Imp

How old are your kittens? If you give them a flea bath, or treat them with anything that kills parasites, it could kill the kittens. Be very careful----I didn't know this, and I gave a flea bath to a kitten I had gotten for my son-----I didn't want to do it, but it had fleas bad, and that can cause them to become anemic. Well, the kitten died before I even got to work the next morning. I've never felt so horrible about a pet's demise, as I caused it. I think you should probably get a vet's advice asap-----kittens can go downhill quickly.

she is 3 or 4 months old already. I swear they were moving. lol I will check her out again today when I go outside again

Back
Top Bottom