Live video feed?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sangel4you, Dec 23, 2009.

1. sangel4you

sangel4you Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009
    Halifax, Pennsylvania
    Hey everyone, I know people have done this (I think?!) and I was wondering if anyone knows how to set up a live video feed from a webcam onto the internet so I can try to watch my chickies hatch if I'm not home. (And of course I'd share the link with you all [​IMG] ) I have a webcam... I just don't know what to do now!

2. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Setup a free channel on www.livestream.com then connect your webcam to the computer, and start streaming!

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

4. ParadisePoultry

ParadisePoultry Hey, I'm WALKIN' here !

Oct 19, 2009
    Paradise (Braham), Mn
  5. sangel4you

Apr 11, 2009
    Halifax, Pennsylvania
    awesome thanks!!! I did livestream and since I am on day 19 only, I have it watching my temps and humidity LOL...sadly I cant get humidity up. However, it's http://www.livestream.com/michellesmoments for when you feel like checking in a day or two :) Also I was attempting to mute as it's in our bedroom/living room LOL. Let me know if it's not!

6. rosco

rosco Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Texas Panhandle
    is the humidity i see 45% or 55% RH?

7. sangel4you

Apr 11, 2009
    Halifax, Pennsylvania
    55, but that's with one vent plug in, and TONS of sponges, I'll do a view around he bator when I get home if I think of it...I am off to take DS to Dr

8. sangel4you

Apr 11, 2009
    Halifax, Pennsylvania
    ha ha not working to view on the cell either- its too large. Someone shoot me an email if its dropping below 50 or my temp shoots up (if u can even see it!) LOL [email protected]

9. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

great, but i can't watch it since internet in my country is really slow and expensive.

but still it's great for those who live in other country.

but i think it will take 24 hours internet to get the video stream? i mean you'll have to attach it to a 24 hours running internet connection then, surely will costly except you've an unlimited one. [​IMG]

10. sangel4you

Apr 11, 2009
    Halifax, Pennsylvania
    I'm on a shared broadband network so there's no time limit or anything. So far so good, my temps are maintained and my humidity is finally starting to rise. It's at 57%!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by