liver tumor???

And it's strange it just "fell apart." It shouldn't.

I'm also much the same as Eggcessive...I'm not as versed in necropsies on chickens, yet. It looks off; not only in the quality of the tissue but the color as well. Livers can be dark...but that doesn't look right....as least to me.

And I also hope someone more versed in necropsies can give clarity.:)
I thought it was weird it fell apart too. But the mushy part was the centre of the liver where that ball thing was sitting underneath.

It doesn't look like the ones I have seen here, but only way to know for sure is to have a lab test it.
I am quite concerned as now three of the hens he's was with are now showing the same comb color changes. They are still acting normally as of today, but I am unsure of what I am dealing with here. Also, if it is blackhead are their eggs affected?

Blackhead in chickens is rare, so I seriously doubt that is the problem.
This morning the girls seem totally fine. The comb color changes I saw are not as apparent this morning. Everyone is laying and all are frisky and acting normal. Poops look normal as well. I did worm my flock in April. I'm wondering since I did lose the roo if I should prophylacticly worm them again? What do you think @KikisGirls @casportpony ?

I don't know of anyone around me that will do that for a backyard flock, but I will check around.
Call the nearest dog vet....say this:

Hi!
Can I bring in a dish of fresh collected chicken poop and have you test if for worms?

;)

If you want...tell me your city and I'll call around for you.

Back
Top Bottom