loading my incubator on 4-12...anybody else?????

Yay! Grow, little babies, grow!

Looks like someone else is interested in those eggs in your picture.
lol.png

I'm waiting for my eggs to arrive (hoping they come today), so I'll be setting a day or two behind you.

Quote:
I set mine then also, this is my first run with it, I set 24 eggs. After I get the hang of it, I will try to go all pure bred next year, or sooner if possible.

Quote:
I candled at 4 days, did not really know what I was looking for, but in the last several, I found veining and what appeared to be an embryo. I am going to candle again this weekend and see what is going on. It will be day 12 or 13. How about anyone else??

Mine aren't doing too good
sad.png
My bator & turner were both accidentally unplugged (not sure how long exactly) last week. I candled them Sunday night & had to toss some, & I'm not sure about the ones that are left. But the good news is that my DM bought me a dozen Rhode Island White eggs Saturday & today I bought some more EE eggs. I'm loading them into my old bator tomorrow. And I'm going to keep a closer watch on my incubator plugs.

Quote:
I'm going to candle mine on sunday. that will be day 10. Keeping my fingers crossed, also.
fl.gif
Had some issues with temps over the weekend, but seems stable now. Just going to leave it alone and see what happens. I set 13. will let you know!

I set 2 Americauna, 2 Faverolle, and 2 Java on 4/12 from breeders and set 5 guineas today. This is my second time in a Brinsea mini-adv. I hatched 4 out of 14 last time with shipped eggs, I picked all these up so hopefully they all do great. I ordered a octagon 20 thats supposed to arrive on 4/21 and hopefully set some more then.

Joy

Last edited:
I love doing guinea eggs, especially once they hatch & figuring what colors the keets are. Do you know what colors yours will be?

DM went to the feed store early this morning after we got through with morning chores & guess what she came home with. . . 7 turkey eggs. One of the guys there had brought them in & was waiting for one of us to come up there to give them to us to hatch. So, I got to counting how many hatching eggs we have right now. We have at least 92 eggs
barnie.gif
that's including the ones that the duck, Susan, is sitting on. I know she has the 3 goose eggs I put under her + at least 10 of her own eggs. She's been so dedicated to her eggs, so I'm not sure exactly how many she has. I think I went a little egg crazy this month
hide.gif

Haven't told DF how many eggs I have now, but I know he's going to say the same thing DM said, "We need another incubator."
big_smile.png

clayb226: Have you tried looking at the candling pics: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=261876
They've
certainly helped me out a lot.

I set eight salmon faverolles eggs and one buff silkie egg in the homemade bator on 4/13. Candled lastnight to see at least 5 of the faverolles developing and the silkie seems to be doing fine as well. The faverolles are doing better then I thought since it took five days for them to get here from Michigan by usps. Hope yalls are coming along.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom