Lock down humidity help

won023

Songster
7 Years
Jan 31, 2017
England
I'm on day 20 at the moment and am preparing for day 25 where lockdown is a factor but however I'm not sure how I'm meant to increase the humidity do I put wet towels? And what should I lose it down to during that time period?
Thanks

I'm on day 20 at the moment and am preparing for day 25 where lockdown is a factor but however I'm not sure how I'm meant to increase the humidity do I put wet towels? And what should I lose it down to during that time period?
Thanks
Hi, welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I use the bottom wells in my incubator. But many folks will use a wet sponge. Those who use small containers, remove them before hatch to prevent drowning.

Good luck!
fl.gif

Thankyou I will try a wet sponge during lockdown @EggSighted4Life

Wet sponges are great! What kind of incubator are you using? Sometimes sponges aren't enough and dry out quickly, depending on your local conditions (where you live, and inside your house)

thanks @EggSighted4Life for fixing the tag
wink.png

Janoel 12,And wondering what temperature do I lower it too at the moment it's 37.5 @WVduckchick

37.5 is fine. No need to lower the temp.

I've seen that incubator, but not greatly familiar with it. Does it have a fan?

And what breed of ducks are you incubating?

Last edited:
37.5 is fine.  No need to lower the temp. 

I've seen that incubator, but not greatly familiar with it.  Does it have a fan?

And what breed of ducks are you incubating?
yes it does have a fan I'm just worried as I saw online if the humidity isn't high enough then they could die so trying to find the best ways to help the humidity

Back
Top Bottom