lockdown begins!

Ok here we have the two blond chicks and the parents. Dad is the white. Moms the Pharoah

20210128_151313.jpg
20210128_151653.jpg
20210128_151003.jpg
20210115_133959.jpg

Better pick of mom. That white patch on her head is where she bonked it a week ago. Shes a very nervous bird and I cant seem to tame her down.
20210128_152106.jpg

That’s quite a striking difference in the 2. I’ve seen that pic of your boy before, and I’m not certain if he has black on his head or spots. But the lighter chick look like it has the roux gene and will develop brown spots, if it does, than your boy at least carries roux. Sometimes with males that carry roux, you’ll see the red bleed thru into other colors. I suspect he might also carry one copy of fee. However, as far as I know, a manchurian crossed to a pharaoh should produce all Italian patterns, but you received 2 Italians and 3 pharaohs right? If that’s the case, than I’d say he is in fact an autumn amber as you had previously said, but he must have the fee gene lightening the brown spots. If he had 2 copies of fee, all of the chicks would be fee. But, normally with fee, the bleed thru would be the back and neck, so he would have more brown spots there, and less on the wings. Do you have other males that could have fathered them?

One other male, the smaller one in the pic is this lots dad. I did bring two eggs in from the outside bunch but I'm 80% sure that ended up being one of the Pharoahs and the other hasnt hatched yet.

20210128_160714.jpg

One other male, the smaller one in the pic is this lots dad. I did bring two eggs in from the outside bunch but I'm 80% sure that ended up being one of the Pharoahs and the other hasnt hatched yet.

View attachment 2506635
That makes a lot of sense, if that’s the only other male, he fathered your pharaohs at least, or else they’d be Italians if the manchurian fathered them.

Here's a better head shot of the male

View attachment 2506642
It looks like he has black on his head, so he isn’t autumn amber. If I were to guess, I’d say golden Manchurian carrying roux maybe, or just straight up golden manchurian, many pictures I’ve seen are very rosy like yours. He’s very lovely, don’t be surprised if his neck gets darker as he ages. I had one who had a lovely red head, which turned dark gray (he’s silver). But he produced a pretty autumn amber daughter with my scarlets.

That makes a lot of sense, if that’s the only other male, he fathered your pharaohs at least, or else they’d be Italians if the manchurian fathered them.

But theres three Pharoahs? Even if both of the eggs from the bigger male hatched theres at least one Pharoah fathered by the smaller male. Unless both hatched and the bigger male fathered both blond chicks? I'm pretty sure one of the eggs in the incubator Is one from the bigger male though. So only one of the current chicks is probably his.

-I think I'm just confusing myself at this point. All that really matters is that their cute

But theres three Pharoahs? Even if both of the eggs from the bigger male hatched theres at least one Pharoah fathered by the smaller male. Unless both hatched and the bigger male fathered both blond chicks? I'm pretty sure one of the eggs in the incubator Is one from the bigger male though. So only one of the current chicks is probably his.
A regular Italian could have fathered one or all of the pharaohs. The manchurian has 2 copies of the dominant Italian gene, so he can’t produce a pharaoh. But a regular Italian that has one dominant Italian gene and one recessive pharaoh gene will produce half the chicks Italian half pharaoh.

Back
Top Bottom