Lockdown! Cross your fingers...Newest pictures, page 18

fl.gif

Ya, if they are going to hatch at day 17 like before, they will hatch Wednesday. Cause 11/1 from 12:01AM is day 1, you catually turned then what 8 hours into day 15. SO happy Wednesday hatch. we expect pictues Wed. night after work.
pop.gif

You can hatch again before the 1/1/11 hatch. I am just going to do a few, incase DH doesn't get around to building side sliders whatever for the quail area (his idea this time). I am expecting freezing then and my babys go outside in the brooder. So just a few, I should be ok with that in the house for a few weeks. Ok, I'll start a thread for 1/1 quailhatch along but here in quailville.
wee.gif

Quote:
After work? HA! I'm coming home in the middle of the day to check on them. Usually do anyway. Someone is here almost all the time, but no one else touches my quail babies.
wink.png

I'll run home between tasks a couple of times that day. It's only a quick jaunt over and back.

Quote:
And, yup. I was counting my day 1 AFTER the first 24 hours. I guess it's standard to count day one when you set the eggs?

I always let a broody do my hatching until I bought this Brinsea...or a few times got straight run chicks or someone else's culls. I never did bother to count days with a broody.
wink.png

Today is day 16 (if I include the day I set the eggs as day 1). I think that last time I didn't count until after 24 hours had passed. If that's what I did then they actually hatched on day 17 or day 18 (should have written it down...)

Either way, tomorrow or Thursday is hatch day!

Yes, I'm just silly enough to have been talking to them today. I've been whispering to them that they are all GIRLS. GIRLS, ya hear me? Girls! Well, okay. I'll take a boy or two. One of those eggs is from my birds. Ya better believe it'll be another boy. I might as well have a 100% roo rate from my birds. (I'm not hatching ANY more from them!)
lau.gif

Quote:
LITTLE LATE ROZZIE YOU SHOULDA BEEN CHANTING GIRLS, GIRLS, GIRLS ABOUT 1-2 WEEKS AGO
smile.png

Oh, I know. I may be too late to persuade them, now. Of course, I didn't expect every last one of the others to decide to be male. I told the "new eggs" that even if they are genetically and physically male, I am expecting them to live a female life...

Back
Top Bottom