LOCKDOWN!!! day 21 is 3/24 Hatch cam now too! LOL im crazy...

shadowpaints

Songster
10 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
and omg im going nuts ( or wait .. i already was?? LOL)

i set 18 frizzle cochin eggs(shipped)
24 polish mix eggs
and 36 ee eggs..

on day 7 i pulled 4 of the frizzle cochin eggs , 2 clear 2 quitters
and 5 clears of the polish mix
and 3 clears of the ee eggs
thats 66 eggs still in

im trying my darndest not to candle again till day 18 but its SO STINKIN HARD!
lol
3/21- have 55 eggs in lock down!! now, some of what i pulled this morning were early quitters on day 7 and i couldnt decide if i should toss them or not...
others look as tho they quit around day 12 or so.. 6 of the eggs left are the frizzle cochin, about 20 polish mix and 24 are ee. i also had a temp hike of 104 a few times.. idk what happened there! but hey 50/78 made it to lock down.. and we wait!
my hatch day is on the 24th.. anyone else hatching that day?

http://www.marestare.com/cam.php?alias=shadow put my barn cam in the bator... LOL

Last edited:
I haven't set any eggs yet. I usually candle on days 7, 10, 14, and 18. As long as you are careful go ahead and candle.

Good luck!!!

Ive got 28 that has made it so far [started with 34] and will candle again on lock down. Mine are also due on the 24th. Thats my birthday so happy birthday to me.
yippiechickie.gif

Mine are due the 24th as well. I can't wait! 32 in right now, took 5 clears out today which is a bummer, but only one OEGB rooster covering 8 hens the odds were not good!

yay so glad that there are others out there hatching the same day as me!! im gonna go ahead and candle tonite and see what i find! monday is lock down GAH lol hoping we all have many fluffy chicks this time next week!

I set 42 on the 4th so I guess they are due on the 25th. I took out 4 clear and 2 bloodrings. The rest are doing well. Good luck everyone on your hatches.

I'm hatching on the 24th as well (21 FBCM). It's my first time and with eggs that dark it's been an exercise of faith that seems like it will never end, and then there's lockdown.

took 5 quitters out last nite, the rest look awesome... is it sad that i already have more eggs waiting to go in when i take the turners out and put all the eggs in one bator at lock down?? LOL picked up 4 dozen last nite that will get set monday afternoon/evening.... LOL

Mine are due to hatch on the 24th too.
wee.gif

I took out 2 quitters and one that never started last night. I still have one that is iffy so I left it in and 7 others are are doing great. Oh and the two wonder chicks which must be the ones laid the day I set. They are super dark already
cool.png
I am guess early hatch for those two.

Back
Top Bottom