Lockdown in 2 days

How exciting! Whatever you do, don't help them to hatch. If you do, they might not be ready. They need to ingest the entire yolk into their bellybutton. Sometimes they are unzipping while still ingesting. You want their belly to be closed by the time they hatch and then leave them in the incubator until their feathers fluff. They can last two days after hatching without food and water because the yolk sustains them. Enjoy!
263a.png

Last edited:
Congrats on the hatchlings everyone!  I'm so itching to get my incubator going again!

@Mike...how is it going?

It's going good. There is 5 in the brooder and 1 in the incubator that just hatched like 30 min ago. There is one that looks like his neck might be a little crooked. But when he lays he looks both ways fine. I put his beak in the water I put in he took a little bit. I added a lite bit of vitamins and electrolytes to the water. Hopefully he gets better. I will see how they are tomorrow. Oh one died in the egg. I finally opened one after I saw no movement it was stuck. Maybe the humidity was to much. But the others are fine. Just laying around. It is there first day. The one who was born a day earlier walks around. Pecks some. Knows where water and food is. Cutest thing I've ever seen.

So I took them out after 24 hrs besides the one who was just born not long ago. I had already taken the others out before it came out. Question is same thing applies they can sleep around for 2 days in brooder until they know to walk and I show them food and water right.? And for the one in the incubator, is it bad for him to be I. There in all that stuff that's in there from everyone being born. I will be leaving until tomorrow so it can fluff up and rest easy without the others bugging

Mike that is so awesome. Good job. How many more do you have to hatch? I am done cleaning incubator out today. I have 8 cute fluffy butts.

Mike...I was wondering how you were coming along! Congrats on a successful hatch!

A chick can stay in the incubator a couple days. They have nutrients from the yolk sac they just absorbed. I would leave unhatched eggs in there for a few more days to see if there are any late stragglers coming!

As far as the brooder...I am not sure what your set up is. They need access to fresh food, water,clean bedding and warmth until they get their feathers.

I have those Brinsea brooder 20 things. I was using the big bulb at first but I think I baked my chick. I knew I would be raising more chicks...so, I made the investment.

I have chicks born Dec 8th who lost their heat yesterday.

Congrats again on your chicks! Put up a pic!

Mike that is so awesome. Good job. How many more do you have to hatch? I am done cleaning incubator out today. I have 8 cute fluffy butts.

I don't think anymore are coming so I have 6 little babies. How did you clean it out. What did you use?

And thank you. I was soooo exhausted Sunday night. But they let me actually sleep a little bit last night. They are not as loud in the brooder. This morning I did not want to go to work but forced myself lol

Back
Top Bottom