Locked Down-Vanilla Pics - last Pics

Most of the ranges I've hatched lately have been rosettas, though mine aren't usually quite that red
smile.png
It looks more like the Golden Range, though I've only ever had one and don't remember what she looked like as a baby
smile.png

I don't take good pictures of babies. He/She is darker than that picture shows and is getting even darker every day, cause its growing. Might be a girl, pretty gentle. I plan on putting (her) with Jumbo Browns from this hatch for more Rosettas. I have one that is darker than most but has light feet. Hopefully they are M/F and I can put them together. The feet is what I look at to tell them apart. They are pretty close in coloring, so far.

Vanilla - what I thought was red is him. Put anti pick on him tonight, cause they were pecking at his shoulders. He is pure white with eyes of black, and very lightly fluffed, so his shoulders show through. Growing good, though. Have no doubt he is a he. Stands tall and tells it all. Tells me where to go everytime I put my hands in there. Absolutely hates to be picked up. DH can have him on his chest though and he calms right down. DH says its cause I pet our cat. Really, he does too.

I'll be posting another set of pictures tomorrow. I've never shown my M. Gold males or the Jumbo Browns. And you guys have to help me decide whick M. Gold Male I am going to keep for a breeder tomorrow. See I like one, but I think I should keep another.

It hasn't been that long, 7 weeks. That's all it takes to forget how small they are, how cute, how much they eat, what a mess they make. Well they aren't eating that much yet, where they stink That Much. But ya, tonight I got to get the big feeders out. I am tired of filling those 4 peanut butter lids everytime I check on them. They are little piglets.

Here is some pictures I promised of 7 week old M Gold and Jumbo Brown Males and of one of the parents of this hatch. I am starting to run out of picture storage here, so I probably won't leave them up for to long.

My Plastic Brooder
17739_104_0198.jpg

The little water shelf so they won't have to run around on wet toweling or shelf liner. I know, I know - I just found 1/4 x 1/4 hardware cloth and will be making a tray to fit the whole tub for next hatch. Whenever that is.
17739_104_0200.jpg

7 week old This is my favorite gold male, he is smaller than the others but I love his face color. His markings are not as distinct as the larger better colored males. But I like his face best. He carries the A&M White of his father, which shows in the white on top of his head. An even lighter coloring of the new color in M. Gold Males.
17739_104_0202.jpg

17739_104_0203.jpg

7 week old This is the larger M Gold with a light head (new Coloring), but still showing dark in the face. This is the one that probably should be kept for breeding. He has the better size and coloring in body and face.
17739_104_0204.jpg

7 week old Male Jumbo Brown
17739_104_0206.jpg

7 Week old Female Jumbo Brown
17739_104_0205.jpg

This is my Big Bad Bertha she is one of the parents of this hatch. She pretty much gets what she wants. She does not like having her picture taken. Hope she doesn't take it out on her cage mates.
17739_104_0208.jpg

17739_104_0209.jpg

my 1 Manchurian has the white on top of his head like that and a pretty medium shade face ...The lady i got the chicks from said NONE of her eggs hatched this color before. She didn't really want to give it to me but she had promised to hatch the eggs for me so i got him anyway.ALL her past birds were either whites or browns .
i keep trying to take his picture but they all have come out terrible,he seems to be camera shy...
i love the manchurian colors and the Tuxedoes too!
love.gif
love.gif

Ya, my light Manchurian I know is light because of the A&M White in him. I think of him as a diluted M Gold, but I like his color best. Remember, my M. Golds have very defined dark markings on them and he does not.

But be careful who you match yours with and track those babies that you hatch from him. The M Gold is Dominant and will decrease your hatchability and will give you more and more M. Golds. But if you keep his line going, you will have it at hand.

I am sure your friend will hatch another, sooner or later.

Quote:
i don't know , she's had them for 5-6 years and this guy is the first Manchurian apparently. It's all good though as it doesn't matter to her really what colors they are, she only has them for meat .Some go to restaurants and some go to a Raptor rehab center.

i know there is that lethal gene in golds if they are bred to other golds .
i have whites and i have browns ,which would you recommend he be matched with?
They are all probably related.I don't think she has ever added new bloodlines into her birds...Should i even continue to breed these together? There doesn't seem to be any deformities in the birds....

My Manchurian babies have some white on their throat because I had a really big Texas A and M and I stuck her in the pen with the Manchurians while I was making a new pen...well out of her eggs some ended Manchurian...looks like one of my Manchurian males liked the Texas A and M
tongue.png

At least I can track it down lol. But the babies are nice looking and MALE which will make it easy to put somewhere (I am having a lot of females lately).

My Manchurian babies have some white on their throat because I had a really big Texas A and M and I stuck her in the pen with the Manchurians while I was making a new pen...well out of her eggs some ended Manchurian...looks like one of my Manchurian males liked the Texas A and M
tongue.png

At least I can track it down lol. But the babies are nice looking and MALE which will make it easy to put somewhere (I am having a lot of females lately).

Back
Top Bottom