Log cabins--please post pictures of yours

Quote:
Do you mean between the logs, as in chinking/ regular insulation? Or as in an inner layer such insulation between drywall, if the logs are a small diameter? My friend lives in a log house with large logs, and it holds the heat well. We stayed in a 'summer' cabin once, that had really small diameter logs, and wasn't meant to be used in really cold weather.

I built this last year and it only took me about a week
tongue.png
941_241.jpg
Now if I could only find a nice secluded place to put it and shrink a few pieces of furniture, a rug or two, some cozy blankets.............ahhh yes!

Quote:
Yours is pretty sweet too, Lunachick! (bad pun intended)

My cabin is tight as a drum and really energy efficient. We got through last winter using less than 2 cords of wood and it was always toasty in here.

This is the first time I have ever seen the "stockade" style cabin. Now I want to see more of those!

Quote:
that's why we shut ours down for the winter. It would be 3,000$ a month in propane... well not really but you get the idea
wink.png

Here is our cabin my husband and I built in 2007. (pay no attention to the date on the picture) We built it ourselves. We live in it with our two children and it is only about 800 sq. ft.
love.gif

ETA: It isnt the traditional log cabin, it is board and batten done with Hemlock.

10488_002.jpg

Last edited:
Ours is a work in progress. We had someone else put up the shell and my husband and I are finishing it. We put up the railing and tongue and groove ceiling. Now we are working on tile flooring and trim. This would not all take so long but we both work so it is mainly weekend projects.
27406_insurance_photos_of_house_028.jpg
27406_dscn0537.jpg

Quote:
Love that big 'ole porch!!! I grew up in WV, just outside of Huntington... The geography there is well-suited for cabins
smile.png

Thank you!
We don't live too far out from Huntington. We are located between Beckley and Lewisburg, in Summers county.

I live quite close to a traditional/hertiage log home builder who builds the shells in place, and then sells them, and rebuilds them onsite. Theres quite a few log homes around here, so I'll try to get some photos for you! These are all OLD log homes from settlers
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom