Lohman Browns!

Hi, I am looking to add about 10 or 12 Lohman Browns to my flock in March or April. What can you tell me about them?
Well there really not a real breed at all (they are a Hybrid breed)! They do well in cold climates. They aren't flighty. They are friendly good natured birds. And they lay fairly well. But I've had problems with them eating there own eggs!
I Personally would recommend a pure bred breed such as Faverolles, Australorps, Orpingtons, Welsummers, etc.
But overall Lohman Browns aren't bad birds!
Hope that helps you! And, Good Luck!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Your welcome! Please keep me updated!
Hi, just wanted to let you know I got my 10 pullets 2weeks ago and they are doing great! They are 8 weeks old. They are just now getting to where they will venture outside for awhile, (on their own) but they are very sweet, inquisitive and friendly. I was reading another forum here on BYC about L Browns, and someone made the comment that they had been told that the L Brown roosters are not all they're cracked up to be, so to speak. Not sure what he/she meant by that, so I wrote asking what they could tell me about the roos. Do you know anything about them?

How long have you had your hens? I am curious to see if they start laying at 16-18 weeks, as I've read, and what their egg-laying span is ......... I am hoping they will lay well for at least a couple of years.

thanks for your insight.

Well I currently don't have any L browns, but they will lay for about a year, moult, and then they will never be the same again. I'm not sure about the roosters cause I've never had a L brown rooster before!
Hope that helps!

Cool I have a lohman brown too and I love her.She sits on my shoulder and lets me pet her.She's also a great egg layer.She lays an egg every single day.And it's interesting to find out that they're actually hybrids.I thought they were very common.Good work! keep it up
jumpy.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
welcome-byc.gif

Cool I have a lohman brown too and I love her.She sits on my shoulder and lets me pet her.She's also a great egg layer.She lays an egg every single day.And it's interesting to find out that they're actually hybrids.I thought they were very common.Good work! keep it up
jumpy.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
welcome-byc.gif
Thanks!!

I have a Lohmann, think it's a silver. Bout 13 weeks old now and perhaps looking a little like a rooster? No crowing yet though and very calm and friendly.

Back
Top Bottom