LOL, I just love these ducklings!! PICTURES!!!

FunnyBunnies12

Songster
9 Years
Aug 28, 2010
Cedar Springs, Michigan
My dh left for Afghanistan yesterday
hit.gif
hit.gif
and it was a very sad day! But I do have to say these ducklings made/make it easier because they bring the boys and I so much laughter to take the blues away. I have all 9 up in the living room on our hardwood floor socializing and getting their exercise out of their pen and OMG they are a hoot with their zoomies and hearing 18 webbed feet hitting the hardwood floor! STAMPEED!!! But wow, what a mess! But I do have a sheet down on the floor, but they aren't staying on it. But I have disinfectant called Kennel Care that I use for my wildlife cages and my own domestic pets to kill any germs and bacteria, but it's worth the mess getting the laughter we are. Plus keeps my mind off the fact I have to go to the hospital tomorrow for a procedure/testing. So, they'll keep me busy since I can't eat at all today, tonight or until tomorrow afternoon when my test is done.
th.gif

But all Im going to say is, yeah what did I get myself into last April when I allowed my son to rescue a ducklings with a birth defect and going back the next day to buy a partner for it not knowing the sex or anything about ducks except they go in water, and people eat them or their eggs, and they can be messy. What did I get myself into??? Was it a "Bad Idea?" LOL, not at all!! How can having ducks be a bad idea? They are my anti-depressants, my anti-anxiety medication, and sometimes my ADD drug! They are mine and my boys therapy through this tough time. If I couldn't have any other pets for one reason or another but ducks, I'd be perfectly happy and content with that! I just LOVE, LOVE, my ducks!!
love.gif
LOL, funny thing is when I was a kid my neighbor use to call me "Duck". Couldn't figure out why, but after watching them I think I have an idea!!

But seriously, how can THIS ever be a bad idea? Laughter, love, entertainment, constant smiling, being your childs best friend/ Wii partner, LOL the list goes on..........

66568_img00769-20101103-2031.jpg

66568_img00785-20101107-0904.jpg

66568_img00781-20101107-0901.jpg

66568_img00775-20101107-0854.jpg

I agree with you 100%-my ducks are, hands down, the best therapy ever!
I'm so glad you and your kids have them to help you through the tough times.
Even though they are a lot of work, messy, noisy and bossy-who can resist them?

Back
Top Bottom