LOL!!!my chooks are soooo funny!

Justino

♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫
12 Years
Dec 21, 2007
KY
everyday they chase wild birds, squirls, and even my cat and dog around the yard!!! are chickens super territorial? i think its hilarious!!!

I think mine do it as a game LOL the ducks bowl is in the yard near the pool and the little birds love to steal as much as they can before the ducks notice them.
the chickens food is inside thier coop and those little birds either brave or stupid will go in the coop and help themselves but the chickens will chase them all over the place !!!
I did have the chicken bowl in the yard with them, but the birds were so bad that - they were eating all the food but the chickens would wait till there was around 20-30 and all of a sudden charge the little birds and scare the crap out of them -- way to funny to watch ( and it gives the chickens something to do )

Julie

Last edited:
my EE chases the wild birds, and even flys into trees with them just to show them it's HER tree.
my BR chases off my dog.
And both of them together follow anything that moves, which bugs me, since they also follow cats (but they don't attack)

Mine chase cats that don't belong in the yard (and so far, the cats have been terrified!) but leave my two cats alone 99% of the time.

My RIR's and red sex-links will give the pup a hard time though. If I fuss at him, they run up to him and kind of face off, and will peck his nose if he doesn't walk away from them.

They are funny.
smile.png
)

(Now the stupid drakes are another story ... they aggressively CHASE the dog, who thinks it's a great game ... they are going to ruin all my training of teaching the pup NOT to chase chickens or ducks!)

trish

Oh yes. They will chase squirrels and crows with glee. Normally they ignore the dog but if she gets a bit too "friendly" she'll get a good peck on the nose. I always cheer them on.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom