Lone Mallard Duck-

I'm going to visit her this afternoon. I have been bringing some duckling feed as snacks when I see her. I'll take a closer look at her web and if there is a back toe. Thanks for the suggestion! If she is domestic, what should the recourse be? The same?
I was curious about this so I looked at my mallards’ feet but didn’t notice a toe missing. I had to look really closely another day to see that only part of one was gone. So make sure you get a really good look lol

How cute she is ! Mine are toe clipped . My mallards are in the process of molting now and mallards go through this period when they can't fly far without primary wing feathers . Every year the males loose the beautiful color and become brown like the females . She won't be able to fly until she gets her primaries grown in this fall .

How cute she is ! Mine are toe clipped . My mallards are in the process of molting now and mallards go through this period when they can't fly far without primary wing feathers . Every year the males loose the beautiful color and become brown like the females . She won't be able to fly until she gets her primaries grown in this fall .
Is it pretty normal for a female to be a lone duck this time of year?

I would advise leaving her where she is. One day she will just be gone, but will could come back in the spring, but I would not recommend capturing her and taking her home if that is what you are thinking. And I would not feed her either. Wild animals have the food thing figured out, and when humans interfere with that, they often cause more problems than they solve.

Back
Top Bottom