Lonely chick, is he gonna be ok

Thanks he crawls into my hand and stays under it I'm just nervous because he sound dry is it ok if he won't drink I tried touching the water to show him and even dipped his beak in it and still hasn't tried it.
Does he have a heat lamp or a way to get warm? Do you have nutri drench or chick electrolyte on hand? If you don't I would put just a little molasses or sugar into his water because when he does drink he needs some sort of nutrient to be able to properly absorb water and be well hydrated. Try putting some water in a syringe and dribbling it on the side of his beak, they usually take it well.

Hes eating good now and figured out the water. So the girls will be here soon and he'll have company. The mirror idea was awesome he's seems happy and it's funny to watch, I put him in a incubator because he seem to sleep better in it he has access to food, water and a mirror. So thanks for the advice.

Hes eating good now and figured out the water. So the girls will be here soon and he'll have company
This is good news.
However you need a brooder box with a heat source. Heat lamp or chick heating plate or pad
Are you prepared with these things?
They cant continue in the incubator. Most chicks are removed from the incubator when dry and moved to a brooder.

20210814_102249_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom