Lonely chick, is he gonna be ok

Pics

Jweav

Chirping
Aug 3, 2021
My kids and I wanted to start getting chickens so we got a 6 egg assortment only one out of them hatched, a rooster and he is only 2 days old his chirp is dry sounding and he won't drink will he be ok in the mean time I ordered 4 hens that will arrive on the 18th he won't be lonely long but I may need help or advice with this little boy.

20210814_115623_HDR.jpg

My kids and I wanted to start getting chickens so we got a 6 egg assortment only one out of them hatched, a rooster and he is only 2 days old his chirp is dry sounding and he won't drink will he be ok in the mean time I ordered 4 hens that will arrive on the 18th he won't be lonely long but I may need help or advice with this little boy.
How do you know it’s a cockerel at 2 days old?

Thank you I'll keep an eye on her I'm not sure what more I can do for her, eats, drinks stays laying down and when she does walk she's wabbling.. but maybe by tonight she'll regain strength..
To keep a sick chick warm I put rice in a sock (cotton sock) tie it up and pop it in the microwave for a couple seconds. The sock should feel warm, not too warm. The chick can sit on top of it to be warmer but if it's too warm a healthy chick will not want to be on it. When I deal with sick or cold chicks they tend to snuggle very close to the warm sock and eventually they start to perk up.

Is it normal for them to keep pecking at each other's feet and if so how long before they stop... These girls are so adorable the RIR is a little weak but she's eating a drinking.. it's 99 in there home but she still looks cold the others seem fine tho I have alot of concerns
My chicks used to peck at eachother's feet all the time. Never aggressively, just curiosity. They won't hurt eachother. They'll stop after a few days.

Back
Top Bottom