Lonesome no more...

That piggy is really cute, but all that constant wheeking and squeaking ..I'd go insane! LOL

He didn't seem to be making a happy sound, there... more of a distress call to another piggy
sad.png

They are very, very vocal and expressive little ones ..definitely. There's even a site dedicated to "translating" the various sounds they make. It's helped me understand my piggies so much better
wink.png

Good luck finding a pair or more ...and please remember, there are lots of "babies" out there in shelters and foster homes ...no need to buy from a pet store.
hmm.png

the one little boy baby reached the age of "being dangerous" LOL ..so he parted ways with his 3 sisters and Mommy

Careful. Males have been known to breed as young as 3weeks old and females have gotten pregnant as young as 5weeks. You really have to seperate these guys quick even though they look so tiny. Preferably the boys should have an older male to be caged with so they can learn proper guinea pig behavior. Young males that are seperated and kept only with other babies tend to have issues getting along later in life.

Definitely check out guinea pig cages and also http://www.guinealynx.info/.

Personally
having been a very active member of both forums for years I think the members are bordering on insane at times
roll.png
but there is no better resource for guinea pig information.​

Some people are downright rude on that forum.. I've been a victim of it
hmm.png
They really assume too much ...and they come off as "know it all.. know the OP... know the situation already" type folks ....and don't give a person a chance. That is simply uncalled for.
roll.png

Guinea Lynx is a great resource, though. I've learned a lot of valuable info from reading there ..and my piggies are better for it.
wink.png

Btw, I have been mindful of the time since J.R. delivered the 4 babies and I promptly removed Tybalt from his Mommy and sisters before he had a chance to even try out his manliness
tongue.png

Well, the good news is that guinea pigs Are in high demand in this area and I might have to get one from the pet store. I even called brand new ads and they were already gone. I am wondering if either sex makes a friendlier pet than the other?

Both of them are cuddly ..but in my experience, boys are more so.
wink.png
Everyone likes to run around and kick up their heels while playing, but the boys will do it for a bit and then settle down for a quick siesta ..girls will run circles 'til they wear me out ....and I'm just watching
tongue.png

Aww... that's great! ..but you're only getting one?

They really do better with a friend ..even if you plan to spend a good deal of time with her... you can't possibly spend ALL of your time with her.. and she's going to suffer for it. They are social animals, after all.
wink.png

Aneesa's Muse :

Aww... that's great! ..but you're only getting one?

They really do better with a friend ..even if you plan to spend a good deal of time with her... you can't possibly spend ALL of your time with her.. and she's going to suffer for it. They are social animals, after all.
wink.png

Well all they have are 2 boys and a girl. I chose her and i didn't know what else to do.
There is no other shop around with a girl. If i took one of the boys it would leave a lonely boy.
So should i get all 3
tongue.png
Just kiddin'
big_smile.png
(maybe) So there is a shop in town that said they might have some in next week........so i might be able to find another girl. I totally know they like company. She is 5 weeks old so i guess it is a possibility she might create her own company in a couple months.......should i wait and try to pay a ton of attention to her til then? Should i get the boys too? That just seems wrong, but i am just sharing my options. Please advise
fl.gif

wendy​

Back
Top Bottom