Lonly Silver Laced Wyandotte.

BugEyesThe_Chicken

Hatching
10 Years
Sep 5, 2009
2 weeks ago my broody Silkie hatched an egg. she still had 3 eggs under her, me and my mom were sure they were going to hatch. We waited a couple more days, then one peeped! It was hitting on the shell and wanting to get out! We were so happy at least one lived! Next day, we didn't hear the peeping, we looked under her and they baby had came out! But, sadly, she somehow got a hole in her stomach, and died. We were very sad seeing as she was a Lavender color with a black strike through her head feathers. We buried her in the little animal grave yard beside the house, with her brothers and sisters that didn't make it. We were hoping with all our hearts the 2 left would live, next day, we came down stairs and little muma chicken ate one of the eggs! It had nothing in it, for it was an infertile egg. The other one, well no one knows, it started to small like "crud" so we buried it. I feel bad now though, because, the first ones we buried, the 18, I found out could have still been alive!
th.gif
Point of post. She is now a loner chick with only a mother and farther keeping her warm and safe, yes, farther, our male Silkie rooster is like a second mother to this chick. Feeds her, shows her water, cleans her, and sometimes she sleeps under him. Well, its almost winter in New Hampshire, and she is still weakly feathered, only her wings are fully feathered right now, she is getting feathery feet, but, the feathers on her wings are Silver Laced Wyandotte, so, she might be D'uccle/Wyandotte, or Silkie/Wyandotte. Well, I was wondering can she stay alive in the rabbit house with her mother and farthers warmth through the winter? My dad has no desire to spend $50 each month on a heat lamp or incubator. She may also be part booted bantam, for she is very small, even for 2 weeks old. I would show pics, but, my brother stole my camera, and lost it at his school. Any body? Anything I can do that wont cost $50 or more per month?

-BETC

Last edited:
send her to me and I'll take care of her - I got two babies right now that she will fit right in with!
smile.png

sounds like she may need extra TLC...extra heat would be good at the least...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom