Look at my new BIG brooder!!!!! (UPDATED NEW PICS 1-21)

Quote:
smile.png
awwwww
hugs.gif
thanks!!! I LOVE building things! I built my 2 story serama pen myself. Its so cool. heheh. I'll post pics on a seperate thread for that IF you are interested!

Ok for this brooder... all you need is

4ft x 4ft (x2) pieces of wood (doesnt matter the thickness, its up to you) these are the front and back boards
4ft x 2ft (x5) these will serve as the sides, top, middle, and bottom.
2ft long 2''x 4'' boards for bracing the front to the back (x4)
4ft long 2''x 4'' boards to place on the wall to hold the top shelf (x2)

I'm sure now that you have the list of things you need... you can put it together right? Or do you want directions? LOL!!

Lol! That is exactly the sort of thing I do to my husband! I print off coop pictures with material lists and say "Build me that!" But he would probably like some sort of guidance.

And I'm always interested in pictures of pens. Seramas are so cute, but I'm scared I'd break anything that little.

I am sitting here wondering where the heat source is??? Then I see you live in AZ.

A MN brooder is insulated, heated, power ventilated... (OK, not power vented but you get the point)

You said that you will sweep it out into the trash. Don't waste the great fertilizer. Put it on your garden. If you don't have a garden you probably have a neighbor that would love top have it. This was one of the many reasons I got chickens last spring. I didn't know at that time they would turn out to be so much fun.

Back
Top Bottom