Look at this bird and please tell me what you think...

Chris Herzog

Songster
8 Years
Oct 16, 2011
Covington
Can someone tell me what’s going on here? I have 3 Columbian Wyandottes that are about 8 weeks old. Two of them look great but the one here in the pics has some kind of problem with it's feathers. Do I need to do something with this bird or just give her some time?

Thanks,
Chris

109472_columbian_wyandotte.jpg
109472_columbian_wyandotte_2.jpg
109472_columbian_wyandotte_3.jpg

Last edited:
Mine did this. She was from Meyer hatchery. I'll be darn if she never lays an egg because she's turned into a beautiful hen. Someone else also had this problem with Meyer columbian wyandottes - that and single combs. apparently they're just bad blood all around. Very, very sweet birds though - I love mine!

She's 14 weeks now and actually has tail feathers. For the longest time I thought she never would! I call her "pokey" for being such a slowpoke, but she may need a new name... she's now the first one to come running for treats!!!
wee.gif

ETA: The other post I saw had been updated to announce it was a hen and she laid normally. The lady even sent me a picture of her bird... which I'm going to post. Her username is cabot (citing my sources!!!).

Five weeks:
102179_img_2289.jpg

Eight weeks (everyone told me she was a roo bc of this pic, but I still haven't seen a peep of wattles/comb growth and these were sexed):
102179_slowpoke_eating.jpg

And I'll take and post a picture of her tomorrow at 14 weeks looking like she had feathers all along. If I dare say so, she's prettier than her sister who feathered normally!

Cabot's bird:
102179_slow_columbian.jpg

Quote:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom