artsyrobin

Artful Wings
15 Years
Mar 1, 2009
Muskogee OK
Any idea what it is?
file-24.jpg

file-23.jpg

hubby looked up from cutting wood and there are the ducks and geese and this guy trailing along behind them

It looks like an immature member of a species of grebe, but I'm not sure which species. Try looking up native waterfowl for your region, and find out which grebes live in your area, then look up how they look before they get their adult plumage.

Oh, and be careful, because possessing native wild migratory waterfowl without a permit is a no-no.

smile.png

I don't know what it is, but it's really pretty! Is it friendly? Obviously friendly enough to allow you to catch it and put it in a cage....If it's a wild bird, I am surprised it didn't just fly away when you approached it!
What a cool looking bird! It's body and head shape are kind of similar to a Coot, but completely different coloring, beautiful regardless...What are you going to do with it??

ADDED: I just did a little hunting around and found a pic of a Pied Billed Grebe....looks like a match!! http://www.birdsofoklahoma.net/Pied-billedGrebe.htm

So
CUTE!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom