look what i found in my goat pen!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sdshoars, Oct 24, 2008.

1. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    last night while i was cleaning i found one of these guys....
    [​IMG]
    i had to steal this picture, because i was freaking out to much to go get my camera! that are so big, like the size of 2 of my fingers, side by side. EW. and they have huuuge jaws, the biggest i have ever seen on a bug. we have the grossest bugs out here. oh and we have these too... only in the house, they are called solfugids... gross as well. stupid desert insects, give me the heebie jeebies.
    [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

That is disgusting.

3. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Ewwww!

4. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Chickens won't eat it?

5. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    I've been around the chickens too long. My first thought is how yummy that would look to a chicken... [​IMG]

6. Jessika

Jessika Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Eagle Creek, OR
    I couldn't do it. It spring I can't even stand the spiders...I have learned to get used to them....but I don't have to like them!

7. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I went to the cafeteria in Loma Linda Hospital once and sat down to eat and one of those was steamed in my mixed vegetables. I took my plate back and showed it to the head server and he took it back and offered a sincere apology and asked me what I would like, anything at all! and I said "Same thing, without the bug!"

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Loma Linda's food is disgusting without the added protein! ICK! Everything is vegan and most of it is nasty.

9. ChanceRider

ChanceRider Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Somerset, CA
    I can sympathize! Last week, heading back into the house after the morning feeding, I found this on our front porch...

[​IMG]

I kept it in a jar 'til DH got home and I could play "show and tell" and then released it.

10. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    yeah, my dh picked the jerusalem cricket up, with gloves mind you, and the thing bit so hard it went through the gloves. it didnt reach his skin, but we called the chickens over, and they took care of business for sure. that thing was gone in about .2 seconds. i was afraid the little jaw pinchers might hurt them during digestion, but then i had to remind myself that they eat scorpions, so its all good. i love my chickens, they save me from the boogers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by