look what i found in my goat pen!!!

Quote:
Please... I have until the end of January!
sickbyc.gif

Thanks, Luna! Now enough about me... back to that disgusting bug. I will now bow out of this conversation. I don't want to run into another picture!

11733_08300816411.jpg

While cleaning up around my coop a couple of months ago, I went to pick up the piece of wood you see in the picture. Luckily my mastiff has a wood fetish and he was trying to steal stuff from me and I did not pick it up with my bare hands. That is a piece of 4x4, by the way.

That bug is a wind scorpion. It's not really a scorpion though. That is the one and only bug that I have found that gives me the major heebee jeebees. (or however it's spelled!) Imagine finding one in your house- we found one in my sons bedroom. And those suckers attack! When ticked off, they stand up on their hind legs and run at you! They are very fast. It really freaks me out to think about being bit by one. And my son collects them for pets. And buys mealworms for them! Thankfully, they don't live long in captivity even though we see them eating and drinking.
Google wind scorpion and you'll get some really freaky pictures. These things get absolutely huge in Afghanistan (I think). Sweet dreams
big_smile.png

Elizabeth

yeah they are called wind scorpions or sun spiders, the actual name is a solfugid. they are really yucky. my cat eats them. she is my hero.

When I was in Basic Training at Fort Jackson we had a huge roach in our barracks. It wasn't afraid of anything the light would come on and he'd just stare you down. we name him Fred.
I used to get in trouble when it was my turn for fireguard duty cause I would run around while everyone was trying to sleep with one of my extra boots and my flashlight smashing roaches . All the other girls would be screaming Westgate go sit down somewhere.
HAHA good times
lau.gif

Sorry bad ID was not a sun spider it was a mole cricket. Out at night and an insect Orthoptra order, Terestrial grass hopper. Chicken food. Real sun spiders live in the deserts of the middle east. have no venom and eat crickets and other insects that are usually pests to humans. They can provide a nice bite as they have very large jaws used for ripping appart other insects. They them selves are not insects but closer to a daddy long leg or scorpien sp? Sun spiders would be way cool though!

Back
Top Bottom