LOOK WHAT JUST HIT MY KITCHEN WINDOW!!!!!!

I had 2 as pets while growing up for a while... We caught them walking alongside the road. Awfully funny to watch btw. They had been hit by cars, but not seriously injured. Nursed back to health and then later released. We would see them evey now and then snacking on something.( we knew it was them because we tagged them)

Looks like a screech. They sound like someone is being murdered in the middle of the night, lol. We have them and Barred (sp?) Owls in the woods behind the house. Barreds are the "hoot" owl, not the Great Horned like most people believe. Hooot, hooot, hoooool.

hubby the resident bird expert agrees with OP that it is a screech owl, red stage.

Very beautiful pictures! We both are very envious that you actually got to hold it in your hands....ahhhhhhh

I'm glad your girlies and cat are fine though...

~Caran

An owl is a night predator and will feed on baby chicks.
jumpy.gif

Quote:
it's a male adult screech owl they are small the hens are larger
smile.png
You're right about it being a screech owl
smile.png
I call them all the time here at my house. The males will swoop right at me. The hens usually stay in a near by tree and dont "say" much.

ok that is the creepiest looking thing....after seeing the first few pics i was gonna say what a beautiful bird it is, but those eyes got to me sorry. lol

mille fleur?

Back
Top Bottom