Look what my husband got to do last night *PICS*

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gumpsgirl, Jan 29, 2009.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    ACK! His department got to fight this fire for 4 hours last night. He didn't get to go to bed until after 3 this morning. He is on his way to his other job/fire dept. right now and the poor guy is exhausted. Hopefully there won't be anything to exciting to have to deal with today.

http://media.gatewayva.com/registerbee/specials/0128fire/indexs.htm

2. chick_newbie

chick_newbie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    South Dakota
    WOW that fire looked pretty intense....thanks to him and many like him we feel safer in emergencies.....

3. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

I have always had a deep respect for military, police and fire department personnel.

Tell him thanks for doing what he does.

4. Indiana hens

Indiana hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Pendleton, Indiana
    When all else fails; do they have a giant marshmellow to put on the end of that roasting stick truck?

5. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Now that's funny! [​IMG]

Thank you Steve and chick_newbie. He loves his job and to help others in need. He's worked construction and several other jobs on the side of this main fire fighter job and he has never gotten as much satisfaction from doing anything else. He is currently working at 3 fire depts. and volunteers at 1.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  6. ChevygirlBeth

ChevygirlBeth Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow, that's a heck of a fire! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Your hubby is amazing - 3 fire depts and 1 volunteer? That's a lot of work! [​IMG] I'm a volunteer myself and just keeping up with our fires sometimes is more than enough work. Congrats on having such a hardworking and caring husband. Firefighters are special people. [​IMG]

7. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    I too have always had a lot of respect for firemen and police officers to name a few...tell your hubby we all here are greatful for his service and hope he gets to have a good sleep soon! LOL!

8. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Thank you!

I told him on the phone a little while ago that he could come home and I'd fill his belly with warm food and send him to bed! Tonight is getting closer and closer!

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    If you can, give him a BIG ol body massage!

I love firemen and the work they do to keep us safe!

10. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] My hubby got called out the other night, RIGHT when we were going to sleep.
    It wasn't a serious fire and he was home pretty soon, then he left the key in the door at the fire house - so he went back. Needless to say we didn't get much sleep.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by