Look what my son found this morning!(THE BIG UPDATE pg. 5)

At the risk of being repetitvie, the first picture of your daughter is beautiful; definitely one to keep. The look of joy on a child's face is one of lifes greatest pleasures, and the memory of those kind of moments is one of an old man treasures.

Yep, her face looks exactly as I imagined it would when she saw them!
celebrate.gif

I'm so happy for her.
hugs.gif

Have an awesome Thanksgiving BBCS!

How adorable!!!!!

We once had a "male" guinea pig have a baby. They must just be difficult to sex. Ours came from a feed store and obviously they didn't know how to figure it out.

Quote:
that could never be repetitive. they are only young for a short time.

Elizabeth is our 'middle child'. she is her own person. emotional, sensitive, smart, artsy, a poet and more. her heart needed this.

when i sit in my rocking chair in my golden years, i am sure my mind will ponder it many a time...if i can still remember stuff!
lol.png

Shelley....just think....you get to see them Friday! and maybe more if my suspicions are correct about the other sow.

Elizabeth had named the adults O.C. for Ocean and Rocky. she says she'll have to call Rocky 'Rockette' now!
lau.gif

WaYY too cute... The babies and your daughter's expression!

I was going to say that you should check to see if the other "male" pig was pregnant too....until I read your post in the middle that says it looks like she is.

Just make sure you only keep the babies that are female, otherwise you will have more litters!
tongue.png

A fun Fact: Guinea Pig gestation is 63 days. They are the only rodent born fully furred, eyes open, and ready to run!!!!

Another fun Fact: Guinea Pigs should not be bred over a year old (if never having a litter before) Their hip bones fuse together and there will not be enough room for the babies to come out. If this happens, they need a C-section.

Another, yet another Fun Fact : Primates and Guinea Pigs are the only mammals that do not synthesize Vitamin C. We have to get it through food. Therefore, primates and guinea pigs are the only ones at risk for Scurvy.

Last edited:
I love the pic of you and your daughter holding the babies.. That's a Christmas card moment if I ever saw one.. Congrats on the adorable babies..

G Pigs as I call them have big daddy parts, I don't think the HS sexed em at all. The babies are too cute, love g pigs squeaking noises. I had one years ago that was named fozzie bear. Have fun with the babies:D

wow....everyone has had great info!

i didn't find 'more' this morning, but i still think the other is preggers. she feels really firm on her sides under the ribs and it is puffier than the other.

thanks for the compliments on my glasses!

yeah...it's turkey day!

Back
Top Bottom