Look what showed up on our doorstep today!

She looks like a breeding gal who might have a cancerous lesion on her nose. Maybe you can get a pitbull rescue to help you out. Bless you for caring enough to take her in.

Last edited:
Poor little girl, she does look sad, and that lesion on her nose does look cancerous, she has the colouring for that sort of problem. Looks like she was smart enough to find a careing place to go to though, good luck to both of you
hugs.gif

I would use sunblock on her nose. It is not pigmented, which could be the problem. Zinc Oxide ointment is the cheapest and is a total block. I have to use it on my horse's nose/muzzle.
Slinky

aww poor baby. Please contact your local pit rescue and ask them to do a temperament test on her. Just in case. I'm sure you have dealt with a lot of dogs, but sometimes it is best to ask a professional. have you dewormed her ? I would do a heartworm test asap !
good luck with her

I bet she got loose from all the fireworks on the 4th; and concidering her condition, she won't have anyone looking for her. I am glad someone found her that can get her feeling loved.

Poor girl.

At least she is in good hands with you. It's such a lottery for animals, isn't it? Some of them really luck out, others...Pitbulls seem to have especially crappy luck with owners, at least in my neighborhood.

How is she getting on? Any updates?

Sympathy and love to you (and her),

Desiree

Quote:
I have to agree...looks like she is skinned up, not chewed up. The marks are inconsistent with fighting wounds, no tearing away of any flesh etc. They tape the muzzles from just behind the nose to just in front of the eyes on bait dogs...that is where her injuries seem to be. These marks are more consistent with digging and pushing under a fence to get loose more than fighting. She looks pretty healthy, my pits are skinny in the summer too, so much of their food is burned off running. they have an extreme metabolism with all that muscle. Anyway, maybe the sweet girl is just lost, or someone couldn't afford to keep her. They eat A TON!

That makes me SO sick... they actually tape the dogs mouth shut and let it be attacked??? Only a sick, evil, sociopath would do that to a living creature.
Wow.. i hate people....

Poor BABY!

Regardless of the source of her wounds I'm glad she found you. I agree, she looks thin. When she gets back in shape I bet she'll be a nice looking girl! She has a lovely shaped head and really flashy markings.

Last edited:
Very pretty girl! With a little TLC she will be back to a healthy sheen in no time! I would definitely look into a Pit rescue if you can't keep her. IMO shelters are a very scary place for a dog especially a pit. I adopted my little angel "Emmy Lou" from our shelter. She is a pit/boxer cross. The day after I went to adopt her they said she was no longer "adoptable" because she was "dog aggressive." Apparently she had a incident with the managers dog. Anyways I made a big fuss and they finally said they would re-evaluate her... 2 weeks later I finally convinced them to let me adopt her. The whole experience soured me for some shelters. I understand that they need to be able to do their job but Emmy would have been put down if I hadn't worked so hard in getting her. Did I mention that she gets along with my 2 corgis, 1 mini aussie, 1 lab cross, 1 little gray dog 6 cats, 17 chickens, 1 rooster, 24 horses and 11 cows
smile.png
although the sage rats don't like her much lol... Anyways good luck with your girl. I think pits are beautiful wonderful dogs that have a bad rep. Even seeing the coments on this thread "be careful with your children" "watch out when she gets her strength back." ANY strange dog regardless of breed needs to be "watched out for" Out of all my dog breeds the most aggressive is the 10 year old corgi... go figure. Bless you for taking in a strange dog that needs your help.

Back
Top Bottom