LOOK What We Got Today....!!!

Quote:
Yep....Isaac weighed 75 pounds at 6 months, so he will be a big boy too, like Max. Isaac is still gaining 2 to 3 pounds per week. I can't believe how BIG he is! Eli is a little smaller, probably by 5 pounds or so.

Don't worry if he guards his food from the Chickens. As long as he shows YOU no food aggression, you have nothing to worry about.

Quote:
Yep....Isaac weighed 75 pounds at 6 months, so he will be a big boy too, like Max. Isaac is still gaining 2 to 3 pounds per week. I can't believe how BIG he is! Eli is a little smaller, probably by 5 pounds or so.

Don't worry if he guards his food from the Chickens. As long as he shows YOU no food aggression, you have nothing to worry about.

Love these big breeds! I just feel safer all the way around knowing Max is out there watching, and you are doubled up on your security which is a blessing. Sometimes I wish DH would sit still for another one... but I tried that already!
roll.png

Isaac is the real guard. Eli is very quiet....I am not sure he has ever barked. He is right there with Isaac investigating though. It's just as well....I don't need two barking.

Another vet appointment yesterday, 12/30 - exactly 3 weeks from the last one. Max weighs 57 lbs. now - a gain of 10 lbs in 3 weeks. I think he's starting to slow down a little now. We believe he is about 5 months old.

Quote:
Post pictures!
wink.png
He's big now, holy cow! How long have you had him now?

We have had Max since Oct. 19th - but we really didn't know exactly how old he was at that time. In the beginning of this thread, we had several guesses and then we came up with a new age from the information we received from the vet at the last appointment about his teeth. Soooo..... we think he is about 5 months old. Here is a terrible pic of Max today trying to play 'lap dog' with my DH. DH is 5'11'' and 175 lbs and Max can't quite make it into his lap anymore! Sorry about the quality - Max was in the line of our projector and he really looks weird! But after about 20 tries with pics, we gave up!

SU1HMDAxNTItMjAxMjAxMDEtMTc0OS5qcGc.jpg

I raise, rescue and foster Pyr's and near-Pyrs. They gotta know who is the boss, they have to learn how to be brushed, bathed and clipped. My male, a very tall, big, much loved but very alpha male, just about bows to my husband in the morning and the evening. Alvero has never been punished, but he heard the message very young that he was not the boss. He bosses around the females, the fosters, and guards the chickens and the llamas, especially when the chicks are young and in the house (they roost on his hips and on his leg feathers), and he is fine with that. He is 2.

Back
Top Bottom