Looking for a home for my 3 year old female Blue Runner Duck

Carolarci

In the Brooder
Nov 7, 2023
I need to find a good home for my 3 year old female Blue Runner. I live in California, in the San Francisco Bay Area or Contra Costa County.

Looking for a home for Molly.

Here is Molly, she is a small Blue Runner, but stands tall with her big personality. She follows me around and stays near me even when we are walking in the front of the house. She needs to have duck friends or a human friend for sure. She knows her name and will come running to you when you call for her. She knows to go to bed at night when you tell her so you can lock her up for the night.

I will give her new owner her food, mealworms, and housing. I will also give them 100.00 to help with food for a few months.

Again, I’m in California, in the San Francisco Bay Area, Contra Costa County.

Attachments

• IMG_1502.jpeg
    IMG_1502.jpeg
    945.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3228.jpeg
    IMG_3228.jpeg
    534 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3388.jpeg
    IMG_3388.jpeg
    683.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3389.jpeg
    IMG_3389.jpeg
    638.3 KB · Views: 15
If you can get her to Seattle I will take her! I have a beautiful flock of 10, including one blue runner who I took in from a neighbor last year. She has adjusted beautifully. I know it's a long shot, but just offering, if you can get her up here.

Wow, I can see if I can find a safe way to ship her to you that would take less than a day to get to you. She does go overnight without water when she goes in for the night. I know I can't have her delivered to your front door. Would you be willing to travel to hopefully the nearest postoffice? Let me know.

I don't know whether you would be able to have her shipped via USPS. When I was a teen my family moved from MN to OR and we had our ducks delivered via airline. I'm not sure if it's too cold in the hold now, but you might investigate that route. I would totally be willing to drive to the airport, or any local post office. I don't live in Seattle, but about 40 minutes outside of that area, on acreage. Why don't you do some checking on costs and what is safe for her? Is she an only duck, and has she always been an only duck? What is her history?

I know ducklings can survive being shipped USPS because they are still living on the yolk and they also have grow-gel in their containers, but I don't believe an adult duck would survive the trauma of being shipped that way.

Also, I wouldn't take your $100, maybe you can apply that to shipping her safely. Here are my girls.

Attachments

• 20230703_081434.jpg
    20230703_081434.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • -1563542211961196283.jpg
    -1563542211961196283.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 6
Beautiful duck! If you were on this coast I’d be happy to help! I’m looking to add blue ladies to my flock in the future!

Back
Top Bottom