Susansimon

Hatching
Nov 25, 2019
Two years ago, someone dropped off two roosters in my neighborhood in Pittsburgh, PA. Over the past two years, my family and I have fed and cared for these roosters on a daily basis. Unfortunately, one of the roosters earlier this year had a leg injury and died.

We are currently feeding the one rooster. This rooster is more feral and won't let us touch him. Recently, we have been able to get closer to him than before since he has come to trust us more with feeding and calling his name.

We are looking for someone with a lot of experience at catching chickens / rooster to catch him for us. We would then most likely try to transport him to a farm or animal sanctuary. Willing to pay $100 for someone who can successfully trap him safely for us.

Thank you,
Susan

Two years ago, someone dropped off two roosters in my neighborhood in Pittsburgh, PA. Over the past two years, my family and I have fed and cared for these roosters on a daily basis. Unfortunately, one of the roosters earlier this year had a leg injury and died.

We are currently feeding the one rooster. This rooster is more feral and won't let us touch him. Recently, we have been able to get closer to him than before since he has come to trust us more with feeding and calling his name.

We are looking for someone with a lot of experience at catching chickens / rooster to catch him for us. We would then most likely try to transport him to a farm or animal sanctuary. Willing to pay $100 for someone who can successfully trap him safely for us.

Thank you,
Susan
I live on hour north of the city. I’m not sure that I’d qualify for the job, but I have recently began raising roosters and have learned a couple of things. Mine love meal worms and lettuce and will eat them straight out of my hand. They were shy at first, but once they trusted me, they come to you more. Sounds like you’re almost to being able to catch him yourself. Maybe try to sit at ground level so he’s certain you’re not a threat. They don’t like it when you lunge at them and try to snatch them up real quick. Move slowly. Just hold the lettuce or whatever he loves in your hand and lure him by tossing a few pieces to him. Also grab down on the wings good and firm, because he most likely will try to wiggle free and they are VERY good at wiggling free.

I live on hour north of the city. I’m not sure that I’d qualify for the job, but I have recently began raising roosters and have learned a couple of things. Mine love meal worms and lettuce and will eat them straight out of my hand. They were shy at first, but once they trusted me, they come to you more. Sounds like you’re almost to being able to catch him yourself. Maybe try to sit at ground level so he’s certain you’re not a threat. They don’t like it when you lunge at them and try to snatch them up real quick. Move slowly. Just hold the lettuce or whatever he loves in your hand and lure him by tossing a few pieces to him. Also grab down on the wings good and firm, because he most likely will try to wiggle free and they are VERY good at wiggling free.
I will give sitting on ground level a try. Thanks for the suggestion!

Back
Top Bottom